Thread: Chime Busted - Under $5 Bucks - Hunty

Smile Chime Busted - Under $5 Bucks - Hunty

Hi Guyz
    This is perhaps my best mod ever!!!!

What the hell were Chrysler thinking!!! - who on earth wants to listen to that annoying chime just because they have opened their drivers door! or they want to slowly winch up a steep hill covered in mud and don't want to wear or dirty up their seat belt (especially if its a daily drive) (please always wear your seat belt because if you don't and your airbag goes off it will probably kill you!)

This mod will give you a switch to decide if you want your Jeep JK factory or quiet!

The only downside to this mod is - if you silence the chime you also disable the interior light sensor -(only on the drivers side) the light will still come on from the light control on the steering column and the passenger door!

What you need
    1. Scotch Lock 25c
    2. Red switch - Jaycar $2.95c
    3. small piece of wire and some electrical tape.
    4. Peace and Quiet - priceless!

Tools
    1. philips head screw driver for the 4 screws in the door
    2. allen Key for the hex head inside the door release
    3. wire stripper and Soldering iron / solder

Step 1
    Remove inside door skin - remove 4 screws and 1 hex head bolt
    gently pry off the trim starting from the bottom of the door - just pull and you will hear the plastic locks popping of 1 at a time - go slow and and after you have released the bottom of the skin lift the door skin up to clear the bottom of the window lip - carefully remove the plug to the central locking switch.

Step 2
    cut the purple wire - sorry the photo is little blurred

Step 3
    drill hole for switch - any where you like! - theres plenty of options re space for a switch!

Step 4
    insert and wire up switch to purple wire.

Step 5
    replace door trim.

Step 6
    clamp scotch lock onto green and black seatbelt sensor wires under drivers seat.

Step 7
    Brag to your friends that you can open your drivers door and not have to put up with the endless annoying chime and the stereo stays on - you can go 4x4 wheelin with your seat belt off and not have to listen to the annoying chime - please always wear your seat belt because if you don't and your airbag goes off it will probably kill you! or at least break your neck!

Enjoy
    cheers Hunty

Last edited by Hunty; 14-10-10 at 02:33 PM.
    Luv My Jeep!

Smile Chime busted last 2 pix

Last 2 pix

cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Excellent idea. Definitely the next thing to do. I alreadt have a spare switch and other things sitting in the tool kit, so its a free mod for me.

Thanks and keep inventing!!!!!!

Mani