Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ZigZag Sunday 24/10/2010

Any SJC members attending this trip if you have the latest club shirt, please wear it, for the benefit of the newer members. We are trying to generate enough interest/sales so we can order a second run. We need a minimum order of 25 shirts.

Bear.

Looked at the Lithgow rain radar, and it's coping a heap of heavy rain. I gues while I was out buying the recover gear today, I should have invested in a floating device for 2morrow.. Lol
    Don't want to sound like a pussy but if rain continues will the trip go ahead? It will be a long drive to get to Lithgow from Wollongong.
    Cheers
    Jose
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Sebastian

Hi Jose doesn't matter if it rain , hail or shine we'll still be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Any SJC members attending this trip if you have the latest club shirt, please wear it, for the benefit of the newer members. We are trying to generate enough interest/sales so we can order a second run. We need a minimum order of 25 shirts.

Bear.
    As always I will definitely be wearing the gang colours.

Hi Hunty

Will U be driving topless and doorless again

Visitor

Hi Mani, by the way should we have someones phone no. just in case? If the Jeep breaks down on the way? First time for everything LOL! trip leader or Manis?. Also UHF 15 as usual?
    Last edited by Hoppy; 23-10-10 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Hi Mani, by the way should we have someones phone no. just in case? If the Jeep breaks down on the way? First time for everything LOL! trip leader or Manis?. Also UHF 15 as usual?
    Ch.15 as usual....Mani's Mob. No. posted on first post... Mine if needed -- 0412-707903.................
    JC Member# 094

Lol lol lol lol
    Depends on the weather and the depth of the mud!!!!!!!!!!
    Luv My Jeep!

heyho! you may well be in for some muddy-times out there...ho....maybe a sinking or two? Enjoy...

CRB

Ooooopssss

Rain Rain Go Away
    Come again another day
    Little Jeepers wanna play

We prayed but rain gods didnt listen. Someone did a great Indian rain dance ( I promise it wasnt me) and rain gods were very pleased and they never stopped.

We had a great turnout for the trip and it was good to see some new faces. We all reached our respective RV points on time no delays. First big hurdle was very very verrrrrrryyyyy wet and mushy. After three jeeps made up that one Hoppy tried getting up and after a lot of valiant attempts couldnt make it. So we decided to take the chicken track and even that became a bit of a challenge. Richard got stuck there and a black XJ tried to snatch him and started slipping himself so we had to attach Hoppy's Jeep in front to get them both up. Before we could move on Hunno came up the most rutted out part of the climb and almost made it providing typical Hunno entertainment. He needed only a little tug to get over the final bit. We drove around and came to another nice little section which was more technical B track. Some Jeeps tried it including me and all were successful with no recovery required. The rest ended up taking the chicken track. Even the Chicken track ended up being a challenge . Getting up that one we stopped for lunch. While we were having lunch a group of Lifted and modded Toyotas came up the same track and provided some entertainment by getting stuck at the last bit. They really struggled and sloshed around proving once again the superiority of The Jeep.

After lunch the gang had a brief meeting where it was decided that the track conditions were much worse than expected so those who wanted to pull out would head out now and the group that wants to stayback can stayback and do some more tracks. I joined the group heading home. Aired up at Lithgow and headed home from there.

It was good to see new members Dieselcon, Stanman and Oldboy. A big welcome to the club guys!!! Hope u enjoyed ur first trip. I m sorry we cudnt do much due to the bad weather but will do better for sure once the weather clears up. And the guys with diesel JKUs with offroad Group I am sooo jealous of u guys. Any way guys hope u enjoy ur Jeeps as much as we do, Thats what this club is about.

Thanks to SteveT and Sebastian for guiding us around.

Also hope our American visitor Ryan enjoyed the trip as well. Mate as long as u r in Oz ur more than welcome to join us on any club trip. Someone will definitely have a seat for u.

I will forward a copy of the report to the editor and can some one from the group that stayed back also do a little report on how u guys went. Also those who took some piccies post them so they can be published in the club mag.

Cheers and Have fun Jeepin!!!!!!!

Mani
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 24-10-10 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Correction as pointed by Hoppy