Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Fab Offered

Default Free Fab Offered

Howdy:
    My name is Ryan and I am a visiting Yank from the deep South, Texas. I am doing my Grad. Degree at UNSW and have been in Sydney from July of this year.

Classes are finished for me and I'm going through some serious wheeling/wrenching withdrawal, so I'm putting out an offer for me to work on your rig for free!

I am an experienced custom fabricator who has been a founding member of Texas A&M Off-Road club and an acting officer of the same for the past 5 years. I am mostly experienced in older jeeps, pre-1986, but have worked on and built up everything from XJ's to TJs to Fords and Chevys, even throw in the odd Rover. I am well versed in lift installs, grinding, torch work, plasma cutting, welding (mig), and turning a wrench or two.

So if you are doing some work and need a hand, then I am your man. I'll attach some examples of my work if people would like. I'm not looking to make a profit, just something to do to entertain myself and get my Jeep fix.

Oh, by the way I am in Kensington, right next to the Uni, so if you are far away and would like help then we might have to make some transport arrangements. Looking forwards to seeing how the southern hemisphere wheels. Take care-Ryan

Sounds Like a great offer Ryan.
    I'm awaiting my Cj6 to turn up in mid to late November. I have a 351 Clevo ready to go in but still need to get a gear box & transfer case that I want to use.
    I might take you up on your offer & I'll get some beers & food going too.

Hunno
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Hey Ryan Howdy

Mate we r running a trip to Zig Zag (One of thse clubs favourite destinations) this Sunday. I have a passenger seat that needs a passenger. If u wanna go wheeling with us make ur way to Blacktown Train Station by 0700 Hrs Sunday I can pick u up from there (Food and Drinks on me) and u can treat ur withdrawals and meet some Down under Jeepers. If interested see my post regarding Zig Zag 24/10/2010 in Trip reports and suggestion section. My number is 0405801230. Give me a call if interested to finalize the arrangements.

Cheers
    Mani

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    Hey Ryan Howdy

Mate we r running a trip to Zig Zag (One of thse clubs favourite destinations) this Sunday. I have a passenger seat that needs a passenger. If u wanna go wheeling with us make ur way to Blacktown Train Station by 0700 Hrs Sunday I can pick u up from there (Food and Drinks on me) and u can treat ur withdrawals and meet some Down under Jeepers. If interested see my post regarding Zig Zag 24/10/2010 in Trip reports and suggestion section. My number is 0405801230. Give me a call if interested to finalize the arrangements.

Cheers
    Mani
    That sounds like a great offer, I'm afraid us Southerner's hospitality may be trumped by you Aussies! I would love to tag along, and will give you a call sometime tomorrow to finalize. As for getting to Blacktown from Kensington, does taking the bus to central station and then the city rail to blacktown station make the most sense? Educate me on the finer points of Sydney public transpo if needed. Thanks again for the offer Mani!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Sounds Like a great offer Ryan.
    I'm awaiting my Cj6 to turn up in mid to late November. I have a 351 Clevo ready to go in but still need to get a gear box & transfer case that I want to use.
    I might take you up on your offer & I'll get some beers & food going too.

Hunno
    Are you thinking manual or auto? If manual I would recommend the np-435 to dana-300 route, I have it in my 7 and love the granny low crawl. If auto then ya can't beat the reliability of the C6 or little brother C4 and a basic dana 20. Let me know. I would love to get my hands on a CJ-6.

http://www.131500.com.au use this website

here's one option:
    Option 1 : 1 hour 18 minutes

Walk to bus stop Anzac Pde Nr Addison St, Kensington - 93 metres
    Take the 393 bus (Sydney Buses)
    Dep: 5:26am Anzac Pde Nr Addison St, Kensington
    Arr: 5:36am Chalmers St Nr Eddy Av, Sydney

Take the North Shore and Western train (CityRail)
    Dep: 5:51am Central Station Platform 18, Sydney
    Arr: 6:42am Blacktown Station Platform 2

cool, exactly what I was thinking. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    Are you thinking manual or auto? If manual I would recommend the np-435 to dana-300 route, I have it in my 7 and love the granny low crawl. If auto then ya can't beat the reliability of the C6 or little brother C4 and a basic dana 20. Let me know. I would love to get my hands on a CJ-6.
    Not sure Manual or Auto yet I've always believed in manuals but the auto is just so easy, but I have looked into np435 already seems a good choice.

We've also got a run up to Stockton beach at the end of the month (31st October) so if you're keen to come play in the dunes let me know and we'll organise a seat for you. I'll most likely have a spare and I'm sure others will too.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    http://www.131500.com.au use this website

here's one option:
    Option 1 : 1 hour 18 minutes

Walk to bus stop Anzac Pde Nr Addison St, Kensington - 93 metres
    Take the 393 bus (Sydney Buses)
    Dep: 5:26am Anzac Pde Nr Addison St, Kensington
    Arr: 5:36am Chalmers St Nr Eddy Av, Sydney

Take the North Shore and Western train (CityRail)
    Dep: 5:51am Central Station Platform 18, Sydney
    Arr: 6:42am Blacktown Station Platform 2

Cheers Hunno

U sorted everything already.

Also Ryan I have to start work at 1330 Hrs tomorrow and my phone stays in the locker at work. So give me a call before that if possible.

Cheers
    Mani
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 21-10-10 at 11:59 PM.