Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Fab Offered

Quote Originally Posted by khalak View Post
    I need an SYE install...
    What manufacturers parts? JB conversion, Advanced Adapters, or is it a hack'n'tap? I have never installed one as I specialize more on fixed yoke rear application transfercases but they are fairly easy to install and can be done with the case still in the jeep. If you want to give it a go I'm sure we could get it done with great results. Also remember that SYE (depending on brand) extend the rear tailshaft of your transfercase thus shortening you rear d-shaft. Just something else to jeep in mind. Let me know.

Its an Advanced Adapters kit, I will be posting something up about a install day once the kit arrives and I sort out what tools etc I am going to need. The places I have spoken to so far wanna charge me about 600 bucks to install it....

Ryan,
    When did you think you were going to leave Aussie....................................
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by khalak View Post
    Its an Advanced Adapters kit, I will be posting something up about a install day once the kit arrives and I sort out what tools etc I am going to need. The places I have spoken to so far wanna charge me about 600 bucks to install it....
    That is ridiculous. This is a afternoon project at worse. I am assuming a NP-231? This install can become complicated because installing the SYE is only the first step. A fixed yoke 1310 CV style driveshaft then has to be acquired and shortened to length ( a front d-shaft off a 90s XJ is a good candidate). Also the pinion angle on the rear axle will most likely need to be rotated as CV driveshafts require the pinion of the rear axle to point straight at the output on the transfercase instead of parallel with the output as is the case with a standard non-cardinal driveshaft. Just trying to give you some heads up, It would be preferable to have all the parts on hand for this upgrade instead of trying to piece it together on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Ryan,
    When did you think you were going to leave Aussie....................................
    I'll be going over to NZ between Christmas and New Years. So late Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    The best tool to use on scouts is a saw-zaw, ha ha!.
    I like my sawzall and my plasma cutter is pretty cool - but for seriously chopping stuff up I want one of these:

I need my rear coil buckets relocated...........

Quote Originally Posted by Will2003tj View Post
    I need my rear coil buckets relocated...........
    Did you stretch the wheelbase? It is fairly simple to salvage the old coil buckets and retainers and just move them back, but new spring pads could me fabed or bough for fairly cheap and would be a cleaner look.

Nah, no stretch.

I have 2.5" lift and the bad factory upper coil bucket angle on the rear, has allready caused a spring to fold.

I work on my jeep at my parents property in kenthurst (about an hours drive from kensington), but thats not saying we could drive out early for the day and get it done. I might see if anyone else wants to get involved? as i dont have grinders / air compressor tools. I have a big uni mig though.

Id want to try to keep the orginal coil buckets, we can gusset / strengthen with scrap if need be.

What degree are you studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Will2003tj View Post
    Nah, no stretch.

I have 2.5" lift and the bad factory upper coil bucket angle on the rear, has allready caused a spring to fold.

I work on my jeep at my parents property in kenthurst (about an hours drive from kensington), but thats not saying we could drive out early for the day and get it done. I might see if anyone else wants to get involved? as i dont have grinders / air compressor tools. I have a big uni mig though.

Id want to try to keep the orginal coil buckets, we can gusset / strengthen with scrap if need be.

What degree are you studying?
    Oh I see, a 4.5" angle grinder would be required at the min. A oxy-acet. torch or plasma would be preferable. I am finishing up a Masters of Conservation Biology degree at UNSW.