Thread: Trip posting minimum requirements

Default Trip posting minimum requirements

Just to help out here is an example:

Where -- ,
    When -- ,
    Meet --
    Time --
    Grade --,
    Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
    This run is limited to -- vehicles including leader.............
    Further info contact --- insert name and Mobile Phone Number here

Attending:

etc................

Any trip posted in this section is an official SJC trip and a trip report and attendance register is required
    Last edited by Steve F; 10-05-11 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Wolfe cant count and missed 5.

Thank you Stuart for the template for everyone to use. Very simply to use/follow............ Now to get everyone to use it as their basic format for posting up a run........
    As the Elected SJC Trip Co-ordinator for our club, ALL runs posted up on the forum as an SJC run Will have to follow the template provided or one that can be easily followed/read/understood by all members of the club...... The planned run will simply be deleted/locked and will not be named as an "Official" club run so it will NOT be covered by any aspect of our club insurance, until the basic requirements of the the club to run a trip are met by the intended organiser/trip leader. Continued repeated refusal to alter/change fomat of your posting or even acknowledge repeated request's for the same can not be constantly ignored either anymore.............This is a club for ALL Jeep owners, so we try to cater for everyone, not just a few............... If you feel this is not a reasonable request ( but alas now required it seems ), then let me know what your objections are to such simple requirements regarding posting up a run........
    All finanical members of the SJC will be given first priority in attendence for any club run organised. Any guest's/non-members wanting to attend can if there is a spot open/available for that run. Guest's/non-members will be placed on the reserve list if this situation does occur.......................
    Stephen Taylor,
    Sydney Jeep Club Trips Co-ordinator
    JC Member# 094

Can you make a 'template-thing' to snitch, so when someone wants to organize a posse, then they just like, 'log-on' to it or whatever and fill in the blanx?
    It's understandable that a set format will be much more cogent to follow and that more recent members will be more able to assess their attendance on a run.

Copy & paste and change dates, times etc to suit your run. Learning this silly computer stuff slowly, like I said, "not to good on these computer skills"............... But found where the smiley's are now and allowed 10 now.................................................. Got to save a few....
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    Can you make a 'template-thing' to snitch, so when someone wants to organize a posse, then they just like, 'log-on' to it or whatever and fill in the blanx?
    It's understandable that a set format will be much more cogent to follow and that more recent members will be more able to assess their attendance on a run.
    I think Steve f may be working on something along those lines.

Visitor

Hi

i am new to your forum, Can i get some clarification on how you grade your trips so i can get an idea of what ones i can attend and what modifications i should to to my jeep to attend

Hi Steven,

A stock Jeep can typically attend 'D' (No 4WD) and 'C' grade trips with no issues, 'C' will require a recovery point front and rear though just in case. 'C+' and up are more suited to modified Jeeps, so A/T or M/T tyes for C+ and ideally a little suspension lift although if you run a Rubicon JK then stock is fine. 'B' trips and up is basically more lift, larger tyres and traction aids like a locker or two although the lockers aren't required. 'A' grade a rarely run b ut it's everything goes with lift, muddies, lockers, winch etc.

Dont be put off though, if you're not sure post up that you want to go and ask whats required if it doesn't say, sometimes a 'C+' trip can be negotiated by a stock Jeep if you dont mind going through a bypass or being snatched once or twice.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1997 TJ Wrangler and have put recovery points front and rear. I will need to get some better tyres as there is road tyres on at the moment, i plan on doing a slight rise but is this posable with just changing tyres or do i need to go with a lift kit too ?

I am looking for some advise on what UHF Radio to go with.

I am looking at Hand Held vs CB Radio, i am just looking for something to use on trips to communicate with other vehicles and do not want to spend any more than about $250

Any recommendation would be appreciated

Steven even a $20 hand held is enough to get you started. Thats all I had.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Why don't you come along to the meeting on Wednesday and we can have a look at your vehicle, your needs and you can discuss it with other members.