Thread: Anybody for Watagans?, Good Friday 6th April

Visitor

Default Anybody for Watagans?, Good Friday 6th April

Where: Watagans State Forest
    When: Friday 6th April
    Meet: Old Weigh Station, Just off F3, 2km past Berowra
    Time: 8.30
    Grade: B
    Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
    This run is limited to 8 including leader
    Further info contact D.K. mob: 0434 848 482

Attending:

1. D.K.
    2. Hunty
    3. Miraz
    8. possible Guest in JK
    Last edited by D.K.; 04-04-12 at 09:09 AM.

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

Attending:

1. D.K.
    2. Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post

Attending:

1. D.K.
    2. Hunty
    3. Hunno
    (depending on the arrival of drive shafts)
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

My only problem with doing the Wattigans is we need people exploring the lithgow area and surrounds for Jambo. As much as I'd like to be exploring the Wattigans perhaps an exploration of the Jenolen area maybe more appropriate

Yes I can understand that Wolfe.

However It not practical for me as I have to meet my daughter in the afternoon at Berowra & don't want to take the Jeep that far from home for it first run. Not to mention I'll still be missing things like mud flaps.

But it would be good to change it to the mountains & I would not mind as there is a lot to do anyway on Friday
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Yes I can understand that Wolfe.

However It not practical for me as I have to meet my daughter in the afternoon at Berowra & don't want to take the Jeep that far from home for it first run. Not to mention I'll still be missing things like mud flaps.

But it would be good to change it to the mountains & I would not mind as there is a lot to do anyway on Friday
    This is probably not the forum for my next comment but when i enquired on a Jambo trip thread regarding alternative tracks to accomodate for poor weather conditions and also numbers of vehicles per trip there was a deafening silence from you guys - I personally dont want to see the local tracks trashed in the name of the glorification of SJC Jambo. Im sure there is a logical and reasoned response from the organisers but nothing was said in reply to my questions.

Not really the spot to answer but I'll go look for your question and answer it there later today if I don't get beaten to it.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

I'm not sure as to which trip you are referring too. However the official and consistent reply would be to postpone the trip till a more appropriate time. This is our official stance and I could cite numerous precedent. I can't force you to change the trip location but was merely requesting your support for the jamboree which is less than six months away.
    It's your club and your jamboree

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    I'm not sure as to which trip you are referring too. However the official and consistent reply would be to postpone the trip till a more appropriate time. This is our official stance and I could cite numerous precedent. I can't force you to change the trip location but was merely requesting your support for the jamboree which is less than six months away.
    It's your club and your jamboree
    Wolfe, probably didn't explain myself very clearly, but i was referring to the Jambo Trips generally.
    I am thinking of running a Jenolan trip soon, but i dont think Easter weekend is the time to do it.
    FYI i was out there on a recce a couple of months ago and Beefsteak and Little River FT are gated, hopefully just while the tracks are boggy as.
    Last edited by D.K.; 03-04-12 at 12:02 PM.

dk, this sort of information is invaluable to the jambo commitee..... would love to get more info out of you if possible?