Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water in Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7 View Post
    If you do get water in the MA sensor, crankcase position sensor, TPS, distributor, anywhere. Just unplug the part and spray in some WD-40. It is hydrophobic and will repel water from sensors. Also works decently as a preventative. I wouldn't be as worried as sucking water into the intake as I would be drowning out a distributor or soaking a fuse panel or fuel pump relay. Just my two cents.

Hmmmmmmm, water in the intake ha?

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...-t-even-4wding

98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

I agree that WD40 is good for electrics but not so for electronics once they short out. That's why later examples of components such as winches for example have there electronics incased in a silicon style substance. Not sure how it dispels the heat though

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    Hi All

I was at Lake Lyle with some workmates [U](I think I have successfully converted one of them from Mitsubishi Challenger to Jeep)[/U]. I had a great time going around the obstacles and the Jeep performed better than my expectation. Thanks Sandy for the tyres they r wonderful on the rocks and in mud. Thanks Steve F for the guide in the Favorite Club Destinations section.

Now coming to the real issue. The creeks were flooding with water from last night's rain. Most of the crossings we did the water was upto my bonnet. One crossing was perticularly deep and we had to drive against the flow for about 15-20 seconds. And my bonnet was under under water for almost all that time. my passenger noticed water gushing out from under the dash on the passenger side. With gushing I mean about 3 litres in 15 seconds. Normally the jeep has never leaked in rain. Is this normal or should I be worried ?

Cheers and thanks for ur advise in advance

Mani
    Update: That challenger got traded in at Parra Jeep for a brand new JKU CRD Auto. Delivery scheduled in a week. Looking forward to recruit another club member . Where's my commission Chrysler ans SJC??

Dam just accepted OT shift Monday to cover someones sickie. BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!