Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JK Unlimited Evolution - Dieselcon

Visitor

The Chatswood operation is now Volvo but I gather they do still service Jeeps (I think Hunty takes his there) but the Jeep/Chrysler franchise moved to Mosman. The Guys they had in Chatswood were very good and I think most of them are still there (rather than moving to Mosman with the franchise). The guys in Mosman also seem to know there stuff though and have helped me out a couple of times.

Yeh, I said they were good. I didn't say they were cheap! They've recently refurbished the showroom section of the Mosman dealership and I think I've paid for half of the refurbishment cost over my last 2 or 3 services!

Well... Finally got a response back from tynans. The electric swaybar will be replaced again under warranty. They believe all the other errors are being caused by voltage drops due to the swaybar fault.
    Interesting. Now the waiting game for the swaybar motor....
    Have purchased aev procal, evo manual disconnect. And once I've got the new motor I will install it and save the new motor. (your welcome Chrysler)

Need to add that their professionalism had improved from the week before.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Jeeps been parked for 5hrs and went to jump in and bells ringing again and wouldnt start. This time I have a HOTOIL word on the dash.... I guess this was the issue I've had. Hopefully it's a faulty sensor only. Bugger hope it's sorted before Yalwal otherwise will be hitching a ride with someone. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320881566.454028.jpg
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    Well... Finally got a response back from tynans. The electric swaybar will be replaced again under warranty. They believe all the other errors are being caused by voltage drops due to the swaybar fault.
    Interesting. Now the waiting game for the swaybar motor....
    Have purchased aev procal, evo manual disconnect. And once I've got the new motor I will install it and save the new motor. (your welcome Chrysler)

Need to add that their professionalism had improved from the week before.
    Tynan's??.................. How did they diaganose that problem??--- They have their scan tool only and "few" "Donor" cars to strip and replace parts with until they "find" the fault........ That is how they workout your fault and make you pay an arm and a leg for poor service........................

Can be a real eye opener sometimes when you find out the truth of how thing's are done even there...............
    P.S. Not bagging the mechanic's whom work there, just what they have to work with/without there.........................
    Last edited by stevet; 11-11-11 at 02:40 PM. Reason: P.S.
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

what codes were coming up...?

Dieselcon is home and seems all is ok. Have new motor on electric disco, which I'm being told was what sent the Jk into limp mode........ Mmmmmmmmmm. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Dieselcon; 28-11-11 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    what codes were coming up...?
    Should get a written report this week.

Well havent got confirmation what caused the limp mode but so far all is good.
    She's in getting 1" terraflex spacers in the front and also EVO HD swaybar links added swell.
    With the procal have recalibrated the speedo to match the 34" bighorns. Prior to calibration I was reading 15.5L/km....now it's reading 13.5.city driving.
    Have also disabled the electronic swaybar with the procal and instAlled the manual EVO switch. New motor is safely stored in shed.... ( not for a rainy day) lol

Also installing driving lights and rock crawling lights... Santas come early..

This weekend off with the boys to play....Yippee.
    Last edited by Dieselcon; 07-12-11 at 01:39 PM.

Visitor

Can I borrow your procal to do mine

Unfortunatley eav have thought of this already and for you to use your procal on another car it has to be restored first and you will lose any settings you have changed on the original car