Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camp Coffs 2011

Just looked at Jeepaction E-mag, Camp Coffs is from 21-25 April 2011 at Coffs Harbour Showgrounds, cant find any more info. Luckily I have booked in for days off from 20-24 April just need to extend it 3 days.....
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 15-12-10 at 10:46 PM.

Cat and I will be there this year...

Convoy from Sydney anyone?

Visitor

I'll be there...

Not long now, only a few weeks to go Time to start thinking about convoys, I'll be heading up on the Thursday morning, straight to Coffs. I'll be towing the camper so I'll be taking it easy, anyone want to tag along and help setup Camp SJC

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

I have the gazebo's x2, chairs plenty, wooden table x2. Not going to Coff's though eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........................
    JC Member# 094

We are going, will be away for two weeks altogether. We will be towing a camper

Yep yep...gotta' send our stuff off soonest. Still don't know which Jeep I'll be in though.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Well I'm almost ready, got a list of things that need doing still though. I did slam the camper down today though, setup for road rather than offroad and I got to say it looks pretty cool After work during the week I'll make the roof rack for the camper and mount the roof top tent

So Chris, any chance of the WJ being ready?

Cheers
    Steve

On my way back from Qld I stopped in at the Coffs Caravan Park last night (right next to the Showground). The dog needed some exercise and it gave me an excuse to check out the Showground before the Jeeps arrive. It's nice and green but pretty soft underfoot (yes it was raining). I found a homeless guy living in the stables down the back with his two kelpies (well the dogs found each other). The front camping area was not cut up at all but it wouldn't take much to break through the green stuff. Down the back the grass has been slashed and there is not as much wind fall and tree branches around. Good news is no standing water other than a few puddles in the middle of the Showground arena.

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    On my way back from Qld I stopped in at the Coffs Caravan Park last night (right next to the Showground). The dog needed some exercise and it gave me an excuse to check out the Showground before the Jeeps arrive. It's nice and green but pretty soft underfoot (yes it was raining). I found a homeless guy living in the stables down the back with his two kelpies (well the dogs found each other). The front camping area was not cut up at all but it wouldn't take much to break through the green stuff. Down the back the grass has been slashed and there is not as much wind fall and tree branches around. Good news is no standing water other than a few puddles in the middle of the Showground arena.
    Cool, last year we camped in the back section, sort of to the left and behind the goat stalls as you face away from the showground. It was a really nice spot and hopefully we can grab it again this year, heaps of room, relatively quiet and no problems with a campfire etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 20-03-11 at 08:00 PM.