Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OME 2" Lift front sag

Ring or email Dean Teirney [dteirney@arb.com.au], State Sales manager I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Mani is talking about coil spacers, they go on top of the coils. In saying that coil spacers mean longer bump stops to avoid damage to the coils on compression and although they give lift they reduce suspension travel as they limit compression and dont help with droop. They would be a cheap fix to the sagging though.

Cheers
    Steve
    Yes you are right, coils spacers are not exactly the same as body spacers but in this situation they may as well be. As you pointed out they do not increase suspension travel or improve the excess spring compression caused by the underrated and now sagging springs.

A 2 inch lift isn't a lot and I'd be wanting to get all the usable wheel travel that I could get from it. This guy paid for this lift only recently, he shouldn't have to pay more to inadequately solve the problem. ASH47 should stick to his guns and keep hassling ARB to replace the springs. He told them that he was going to install a winch so it is ARB’s error and their responsibility to resolve, not his.

all springs will settle over time.... have you measured how much it has actually sagged? alot of people buying the arb lift are claiming to get close to 3 inches.. so if you started with this then it has sagged to 2 inches you have got what you were after... as for the sring rates between the hd and the sd springs, they probably should have given you the HD springs given that you told them you were getting the bar and winch....

Coil Spacers have their place and when correctly fitted in relation of other correct parts (eg bump stops and shocks) they won't result in less wheel travel. But sadly many people abuse or misunderstand them and the end results are therefore substandard.
    In this case I agree with firstly with Rey, you need to ensure that the springs have actually sagged not settled. If they have actually sagged then I'd agree with Tony, re under-rated / Sagging.
    I will take my mum's advice about my personal dealing with that particular outlet and say........

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    all springs will settle over time.... have you measured how much it has actually sagged?
    Good point Rey, My paperwork says 40mm(1.5 inches) but actually initially it came up close to 80 and has settles close to 2 inches. So probably ARB can plead similiar case and get away with it. My suggestion for the spacers was in case ARB totally refuse to take any responsibility and if u dont wanna spend close to $350, just a cheap fix..... Not everyone has heaps of money. Thats why I bought second hand rocksliders, secondhand tyres and second hand disconnectors..........

Cheers
    Mani

Ash74

Thanks to you all.
    I spoke to ARB on SATURDAY and am awaiting a call from the manager as he was not around, I stated my case that I am going to end up paying $680 for one set of springs that realistically was ARB's fault. I am pretty confident as I am like a pitbull with a bone as I just don't have that sort of money to be wasting