Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: **** LOCKER HILL***** (aka - pre-Mt Walker) - 12/2/11

Sweet just fitted a snorkel

Visitor

Im out, sorry for the late reply

Dave

sorry guys i have to pull out. I'm going to a birthday party.
    have a nice trip
    stefan

Visitor

No worries guys, see you next time

Visitor

***UPDATE***

OK mainly a question and your LACK of response will answer as its mainly for the Saturday only crew, as you can imagine camping the night you need to bring even a little bit of gear (Im bringing a camper trailer) but Im thinking we modify the morning slightly...

I and anyone else carrying too much gear dont really want to come in the hard way if I have to so Im thinking when we leave the Shell at Lithgow we will go in the opposite way and basically high tail it to the camp spot, wont even really need to air down, we get to the spot do an unbelievably QUICK (Now Im talking to the camping crew) set up/drop off of the gear and then make our way around the place from there...

Here is the great part for any Wrangler driver, as we now have a 'base' and it looks like its going to be a great day, anyone wanting to remove there roof and/or doors can and leave it there and then when we come back we'll pick them up later, then all people leaving for the night I will take right back out via the three hills pass and come back to camp after.

If anyone has any issue please let me know, I dont want to step on anyones toes this is just a way to get everyone nice and light for the days adventure, plus gives us a place to come back for lunch as well as Im thinking after we unpack we go straight to Locker hill, have some fun there for a few hours (only about a click from camp) come back to camp for lunch and then after lunch go and do some more less aggressive hills rated around B/C

Again, if everyone is cool with this no need to reply, unless you want to.. but otherwise speak up or forever hold your peace...

& Remember camping crew, you need to have all your gear including food, drink, beer, etc before the Saturday as we wont be stopping on the way up as its not really fare for the day crew to hang around while we shop

Cheers guys and looking forward to it

If you want some time to setup or think it will take a while I'm happy to take those that aren't camping in around the Rydal side and do a power line climb and then cut back down to the creek near the fence line , across the creek and up to Locker hill? Should only take us around 45 minutes if we just drive and don't get out too much, maybe even less than that. It would be a C+ track.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

That would be great Steve, shouldnt take very long to set up and drop off at camp and we meet up at locker hill for a few hours and head back to camp for lunch.

Boys from the Gong are keen for weekend to come soon!!! We're both (Geof in Patrol) bring our campers up, Ive only used it once so I'm hoping It doesn't take me long to set up..dont want to miss out on any 4b'n..LOL.
    Hope the heat settles down as am looking forward to camp fire on Saturday night!!.Kids are excited aswell... See you all there. Will propably leave here at 530ish so should meet up with you guys at the servo. Will confirm meeting point closer to date.
    Cheers Jose
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Looking forward to the weekend .Might stay overnight but not sure yet.

I'm keen to tag along for the Saturday. I came to the meeting last night and submitted club membership paperwork although am not a financial member yet. I would like to come in on the Sat to see how you guys run things down here in Sydney (new arrival). I'm up for some fun. I running an 09 JKU auto, 2" OME lift on 32 G'year Muds. ARB steel on front & rear with rear locker. I'm not new to 4wd, and I've done my fair share of recoveries (on both ends). I'd love to camp overnight but have committments the following day. I'm also a novice with forums, I expect someone (MOP44R) will let me know if I can come or not. Jas