Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: **** LOCKER HILL***** (aka - pre-Mt Walker) - 12/2/11

Visitor

Sorry for delay in getting on, I WAS KNACKED YESTERDAY!!

Yep so we are sitting at camp Sunday morning, just finished 3rd coffee and breakie and about 50% packed when decided to go for one last drive, told the guys its about 45-50min round trip back here... hahahaha
    We left camp heading down to Steve first photo of the old lunch spot under water and start driving around, all weekend we have been commenting on how high the water level is and I take us back to the bog hole WE ALWAYS get hung up on with NO alternative route because of the water level (smart), although 35's and rear locker help, so I got through, Mr 37's a cake walk and Hunno gets stuck right in the middle needing a snatch... So then its Marcus' turn and last time he was stuck so he was expecting to get stuck this time so already snatch up he goes full tilt in low 4 2nd gear and becomes the HMAS Undermud as the bonnet and half windscreen go under, but those tractor tyres Mickey Thompson call CLAWS get him through.
    So then its onto one of my favorite hills up there, get half way up & a POO TROL is coming down so he moves aside and lets us through and here I am saying to myself 'I'll show these guys what a REAL 4WD can do' hahahaha... Get stuck, try a couple of times but know there are trucks without 35's and a locker behind me so need to winch the last 50m, well didnt I get a work out... Think I dropped about 4kg getting myself out of that, what with jumping in and out of the truck, winching from 2 different spots but I got up... So then Hunno needed a triple snatch and Marcus really tested out his Premier winch but almost TWO HOURS LATER we get back at camp and part ways.

Guys BIG thank you to all that come, weather certainly made things interesting..

I'll be wanting to organise a trip to Watagans soon, so watch this space...

Cheers

Visitor

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=SKIZZI;22456]You guys should have seen the climb we did today. It Persuaded Ben to upgrade

Yep 37's are now a must for that new lift, your truck is UNREAL!!

Thanks Ben to organise the trip had lots of fun .

Visitor

Anytime mate, will be organising a lot more this year... Love gettin my truck in low... hahaha

I totally agree it was a great weekend with fun had by all
    my 2 little girls had their first camping trip and were asking on the way home when the next one was
    Ben thank you for leading the trip even with the rain it was still fun
    cant wait for the next one

Did anyone get any pics of my little green HEEP?
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

My girlfriend heard over the 2way that a few people forgot cameras so she got a heap of pics. I haven't seen any yet but I'll be uploading them as soon as I can. Funny thing is she said she only got a couple of my car. So I hope others got some of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage66 View Post
    Did anyone get any pics of my little green HEEP?
    Just the one
    sorry Chris
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

My first time into a creek

Bugger. Some how the water disable my Traction control, locker and electronic swaybar. Still had heaps of fun

Bens jeep is first off the rank to tackle locker hill

Ben at the first challenge up locker hill

Finally made it

Steve coming up the locker hill
    Last edited by Steve F; 14-02-11 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Embedded the videos
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

THEY ARE UNREAL VIDEOS MATE !!!!

Interesting to see how close (and far) I was from getting up straight away.... But just reinforces the fact, BIGGER lift, BIGGER tyres and Im blaming Greg... hahahaha