Thread: What part/s of Australia would you most want to explore ?

Default What part/s of Australia would you most want to explore ?

If money and time weren't a limitation, what part/s of Australia would you most like to explore in your four wheel drive (compared to other places you already have) and please separately say why, for each place named.

Hmm, that's not as tricky as it sounds! I'd like to do a full lap! One of these days (and have discussed with other SJC'ers) we'll head West across the Nullarbor to Perth, with detours. Look around the southwest, then head North to Shark Bay, Broome, then Gibb River Road & Kimberly to Darwin. Then it gets tricky. Could head South to the centre, but have been there. So more likely go across to QLD South of the Gulf. Have done Cape York (and will again in September), so probably head South from Isa...

Plus there are plenty I'd do again. The Simpson is great, been across once and would do it again, but I'd also like to follow the old Ghan North from Oodnadatta to Alice via Chambers Pillar. Could then also take the Tanami to Broome... choices, choices.

Been to Tassie, but not in the Jeep. Would like to go down the West Coast. Was all ready to head to the Vic High Country this Christmas, untill all the rain and the trip got canned...

So, just need the time and the money. There is SOOOO much to see and do in this country.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 19-01-11 at 12:12 PM.

Visitor

I would love to explore WA and the NT, only because those are the two states I haven't been to yet on the mainland. All the other states I covered many times as a kid with Chrysler Restorer's Club. Tassie has never really interested me.

Just want to explore everything! And I'll start doing that in march :-)