Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool camping equipment

Default Cool camping equipment

So what little bits and pieces do you have for camping/the Jeep that you really like doesn't have to be big or expensive just handy in the Jeep or at the campsite.

I'll start, just got a LED LENSER P7 torch, around $40 on ebay and great little torch.

Now it's time for a new Leatherman

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

got mine with a scope mount for the 22.
    Stand still little bunny lol.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Visitor

Probably my ARB Ezi Deflater... Still think thats great at only $50

Got one of those electronic bug swatters at Penrith that we haven't tried out yet...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Maybe this is too big an item for this, but I love my Speedy tent, just throw it and it sets itself up before it hits the ground.

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Maybe this is too big an item for this, but I love my Speedy tent, just throw it and it sets itself up before it hits the ground.
    Nice... That does sound good

http://www.kincrome.com.au/web/catal...rtnumber=K8027

Picked one of these up Friday...played 'blind the nephew" with it all day yesterday...for $10 I've already had a ton of fun with it.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Visitor

Most of my camping equipment I bought from GUMTREE - and it's awesome as you can haggle big time. The cheapest was the "cougar" double cooker complete with full gas bottle, stand and lamp for $40 and the guy also gave me the BBQ mate (tongs and lifter - Wiltshire brand) a lamp, a beach umbrella, and a camping chair. He asked me if I wanted them but I said I had only brought $40 with me and he said I could have it all as he was traveling through and was leaving on a plane the next day! I didn't ask any questions, gave him the 40 bucks and loaded my vehicle and never saw him again.
    The most expensive thing so far was the tent which I bought NEW at an outlet on the south coast for $299 - 50% off I think it sleeps 9 - it's one of those branded ones - awesome new design with an annex and everything.
    Last edited by TK421; 17-01-11 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Web site timed out! Darn thing!

Best thing I have for camping is the pop-up gazebos - if it's wet you have water protection & if it's stinking hot you have sun protection. I vertually never go camping without at least one
    Oh yeah the better one I have was a cheaper $129 from SuperCheap, as the water drains off it better than my more expensive one.

As for LED's - one of those LED caps will be my next purchase...

Bought myself a USB stick sized GPS, it's only a track logger so simple, turn it on and it records all your movement details, has a large button on the front that you can press to save a waypoint. The cool thing is it comes with software that will import the track you record and save the GPS details in any pics taken, it matches the time and date on them to the time and date stamp on the GPS track and records the relevant GPS details in the pic. You can then export it as a google earth track with embeded pictures. Very neat and although you can do it other ways this is very easy. I've tested it by just wearing the GPS on a lanyard around my kneck and taking pics, a great piece of kit and perfect for the upcoming Cape York trip and trips at Camp Coffs etc.

This is the one I got (from ebay)

Phototrackr Mini

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076