Thread: tools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default tools

do you need special tools to instal timing kit in 2.8 crd. need help thanks

Yes, there are two locking bolts required to lock the camshafts in place. I have a print out of the full instructions from the Service Manual (provided by Josh). Phil Reid (member) has actually done the timing belt change already (DIY) - you should talk to him. I believe you can make up the locking bolts yourself but Phil would know for sure.

Cheers
    Glen

Visitor

Hi Glen, I am new to this,not even sure if I posted in the right section, I would love to know what is required in tooling for camshaft, when changing JK CRD timing belt, I am sorry don't know who Phil is.
    I know the tools can be rented from Midnight Mods in Melb, but I would like to not rush this.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Carlos N.

glen
    would it be possible for you to email me a copy of instillation instruction for timing belt and pulleys
    many thanks
    kaid

oops forgot the eemail address kandi44@bigpond.com
    Last edited by kaid; 23-01-11 at 10:36 AM.

Default tools

Hi Carlos, Glen is no longer a member of the club, moved to central coast a year ago, so he may not see your post. Phil is another ex member.
    While I am also a kj driver, I'm no mechanic and have paid to get my timing done. My mechanic did a great job on it for me a month ago!
    Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk