Thread: Looking for an easy 4WD day trip from Sydney!!!

Default Looking for an easy 4WD day trip from Sydney!!!

OK.... Its been a while since I've done any "proper 4WD-ing", had my Wrangler for 2 years and think I'd better try it out!!

Can anyone suggest and easy day trip near Sydney..... Maybe with a location for lunch, to keep my partner happy!!

A trip through the Watagans to Wollombi Pub for lunch would probably be one to think about. There are some easy sort of fire trails, or some harder ones, depends on what you want to classify as easy. What is easy to you?

Helps if you know the area. Maps of use might be the GDA 9132-3S Wollombi, and Morissett 9131-1N, or Oziexplorer if you have

There's also a fairly easy drive up to Newnes and the Glowworm tunnels.

There is a Boiling Billy publication of day/weekend trips out of Sydney. http://www.boilingbilly.com.au/store...p?idProduct=13
    Last edited by glend; 06-02-11 at 10:51 PM.

Visitor

Default suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWrangler View Post
    OK.... Its been a while since I've done any "proper 4WD-ing", had my Wrangler for 2 years and think I'd better try it out!!

Can anyone suggest and easy day trip near Sydney..... Maybe with a location for lunch, to keep my partner happy!!

Ive just joined the club, had my wrangler for 3 years and just started doing some 4wd (havent done any for years since owning a landrover in NZ) and also looking to do some inital easy trips.Ive just ordered the boiling billy publication suggested by someone else which as this info
    if you would like company on a trip let me know .Just installed a winch in case of trouble
    thanks

There's a club trip this coming Saturday/Weekend, it is going to an A grade climb but the rest of the trails are C+ so pretty straight forward, some of us are going for just the Saturday some camping for the weekend, maybe check that out and tag along, always much easier with other drivers and there's plenty of experience in the club.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Alas this weekend is out, work does get in the way!

Think I'll get the maps recomended! The glow worm caves sound an interesting trip also!

I would recommend the 4wd Treks Close to Sydney. Though they are more touring style than hard core. But they do get you out of the house. I'm planning a trip on 20th with a few friends who all have stock vehicles ( GU Patrol, new Pajero, Suzi XL7 and a X-trail. Ill see how the trip details from the book pan out and let others know.
    Last edited by SteveC; 08-02-11 at 11:38 AM.

Definitely 4WD Treks close to Sydney! We love Craig and Cathys book. Highly recommended. We have done all their trips except Stockton.