Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Cape York Trip - Sept/Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Well....where's the Hunno Report? How did the CJ8 go? Assuming it was there at the end as four came back.

Glen
    Yep, four Jeeps finished together - well, parted ways on the F3 anyway, Steve, John, Hunno and me! Last I saw of Hunno as he blew past me at Wyong Servos was the grin! I think he had a great trip even with all the on the road repairs, and he was heading in to pick up the keys to his new house.

Dave

Still north of the tropic...should be back on Sunday...

Made it back into Sydney last night...came down from Lightning Ridge yesterday, mostly on dirt roads which made life more entertaining after all the heavy rain.

Now to break out the Gerni and give Rachel her car back!

Back at my desk in the office today, first day for a month in long pants, socks and shoes that weren't thongs I'm already looking for another trip.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

NOW the last people are back in Sydney... Renato got back to Sydney yesterday and is back at work today. He got the helicopter to and from Horn Is to pick up his wife, then retraced our trip North in reverse. He also went out to Chilli Beach (Lockhart River) and had to use the winch to get out of one of the rivers, and he did the CREB in reverse. Said it was pretty scary with the camper! Not surprised!!

Fortunately they got back on the blacktop and headed out to Undara before the big storm that hit Cairns last week - 30cm of rain in a day - or he would probably still be stuck on CREB...

He will bring photos in to work, and I will add them to mine on DVD ROM to distribute at a meeting.

Dave

For those of us unable to make it to Wooders for the November meeting (tomorrow night), is there some other way that we can arrange to get access to the Cape Trip photo files? Hunty copied all of mine at Seisia but I have nothing from the other cameras.

Cheers
    Glen

I am bringing copies of all my and Renatos Pix on Disk to tonight's meeting, I ve also been asked to do a trip report while Steve runs the AV! Should be fun!!

If anyone not coming to Wooders' would like a copy of the disk, PM me your address (I have deleted all contacts from trip register since the trip) and I will post one out. Hopefully anyone else with pix to share can offer similar? I'd love more pix of my car!

Dave

Here's one of my Favourite pics of Hunno in his pink too too
    Luv My Jeep!

For anyone who went on the Cape Trip you might find today's declaration by the LNP (supported by Noel Pearson) that they will repeal the Wild Rivers declarations for Cape York to be a pause for thought. Basically the Wild Rivers Declarations prevent any development, mining, damming, etc within 1km of the designated rivers. While there were a few signs on the road side up on the Cape that indicate that some of the Aboriginal people would like their own say in development (not to mention profit) but this is surely not a bad thing for the environment and anyone that has crossed one of those rivers, sat or waded in them, or swam in them, can appreciate the wonderful environment that they represent and the need to hold onto that unique natural area for our kids and theirs. The story is here:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226185621503