Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clicking sound in 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    So that would be a buggered CV then, I guess it would still be coming from the left due to the passenger side drop on the diff. You might have to look at replacing the driveshaft with a dual cardan driveshaft instead of a CV shaft. CV's don't like a lot of torque when they are at the maximum angle, if the boot has torn the CV has probably cut into it so just replacing it means it wont last that long before it buggers another boot.

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks guys for the diagnosis.

I have been hearing exactly the same sound from under my Jeep as well, although with a 2 inch lift and 33s only. I hear it when passenger side front wheel is at full droop and driver side is fully tucked in. Also I lost the front drive shaft boot about a year ago. Oh now I need a new front shaft (an after market one) .... Also a question to the expert panel here What u guys think is gonna happen if I leave it as it is. Will it just self destruct itself and I get a new shaft or it is gonna take something else with i t...

Cheers and thanks for ur help guys
    Mani
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 14-02-11 at 08:26 PM.

Try tomwoods for ALL shaft requirements. A really good guy and reasonable pricing. Always willing to help you out
    Very Highly recommended. Tell him I sent you..www.4xshaft.com

Quote Originally Posted by SKIZZI View Post
    Yea figured that would be the case. Just checked out the dbor website. They have a front shaft to suit 37s and 6 inches of lift for $1100. Looks like the mrs misses out on valentines day coz the mistress JK comes first
    You don't need the heavy duty 1350 shaft with the D30, the 1310 version is $300 cheaper and will do the job.

Mani - I've got my old stock shafts if you need a cheap replacement...

Finally someone telling me the "lesser" version will do the job. thanks for that. Checked out steveC suggestion and at half the price seems a good option.

"In a 1310 series the drive shaft is $449; a 1350 series price would be $649. The price is the same for either front or rear. These prices are for the complete package including required nuts, bolts, and flanges/yokes. We can supply a good fit by application information only but believe we can get the best fit if you will supply a simple length measurement."

Do the measurement....the diesel shaft is a different length from the petrol application

Replaced front driveshaft. No more clicking sound

It all dropped in ok then?

It was easy enough. Just those 8 8mm bolts were a bitch to get to. Took about 90 mins and 75 of them were on those 8 bolts lol

the ones on the transfer case end? they are a pain...