Thread: ARB or Ironman

Default ARB or Ironman

which is the better product ARB or Ironman, they both orffer very similar equipment so it makes it difficult to decide what brand to buy. The ARB equipment seems to be more expensive, are you paying for quality or name.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Snoik

Depends what you want to buy. I went through two sets of Old Man Emu (ARB) front struts in three years in my KJ, before throwing in the towel and switching to TJM XGS, which have done two extended trips away with no problems.

That said, I know people that have been very happy with OME suspension components... I have not yet met anyone that has put Ironman suspension in a Jeep, then again, I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about them, so they may be great.

Both ARB and Ironman sell HEAPS of other stuff for 4WD's from lights to bullbars to winches to canopies, so again, it depends on what you want to buy and how much you want to spend. I assume both companies will have similar warranties.

Not sure that will help...

Dave

Visitor

OME I find is an extremely HARD ride but strong, and the built quality of the ARB bars and such are top notch.

When I was working at 4WD Action, Ironman was a great cheaper alternative to ARB and Ironman were unhappy with the exposure the mag gave ARB and TJM over them, but it all comes down to $$$ I supoose and personal preferences

Visitor

One of my mates has a Lux. He said a few guys had the Ironman bars warp/bend when winching.
    I got this story 2nd hand so feel free not to believe it, but it might be worth searching some Lux forums and having a read.

Cheers
    Dave

I've been on a trip where this happened....were not doing anything particularly stressful at the time either...the bar warped and destroyed the winch...

Visitor

I can say the ARB is STRONG when winching, had my truck completely hanging off the winch on the weekend on plasma rope and not doubled back as needed the length and both the Warn winch and ARB bull bar gave me 100% confidence.

Really depend what you want from your rig - sorry but really for a TJ they are both budget kits for the TJ and are far from complete.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdave View Post
    One of my mates has a Lux. He said a few guys had the Ironman bars warp/bend when winching.
    I got this story 2nd hand so feel free not to believe it, but it might be worth searching some Lux forums and having a read.

Cheers
    Dave
    Thanx Dave for the heads up! re bar warp - I will watch mine very closely now!
    Luv My Jeep!

i agree with Wooders, i put on the ARB lift kit, and its is far from complete, I still had to a put a few extra bits and pieces once the kit was installed after visiting Wooders and having a few recommendations made. And as MOP44R said, ARB kit is a rough ride, its a very stiff kit - well mine is, but in saying that they are meant to adjustable, or so i was told as ive never really tried?

Thanks Guys for all the feedback, I should've mentioned in my my question that the the ARB or Ironman gear was for my second vehicle-Mitsubishi Triton.

Thanks all

snoik