Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheeny Creek Sunday 20/03/2011

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Hunty, I am running a trip there shortly, so what is the track currently like eg, grading, lifts needed/not needed, lifts?, rock rails, whether 1 or 2 lockers advisable or anything else relevent to the track, bi-pass's etc......................... Cheers,
    Stephen T.
    Hi Mate
    I was filming up at Bilpin yesterday and went exploring with a mate (TJ) in a Jeep and was totally surprised that we ended up on the Wheeny creek run - well as far as grade goes - heres my 2c;

I give it a "B+" My jeep JK is lifted, locked and on 33's and I make it comfortably - so I would recommend 2" of lift and minimum 31's and its possible you still might on 1 or 2 of the challenges need a little assistance - I would expect no vehicle damage if driven slowly and carefully with the use of experienced spotter where applicable! - I think it is an excellent run for newbies (with appropriate vehicles) - it will demonstrate very well the importance of choosing the correct lines and being patient.

Re rock rails and rock sliders -- JK's not required unless you take the "Hunno" approach and the hardest possible line!
    Re rock rails and rock sliders -- TJ's due to their design and prone bodywork especially just in front of the rear wheels I recommend protection!
    I ran 15psi on my MTZ muddies to get maximum traction and I recommend low tyre pressures for the entire run.

Track condition is good and and there are no significant washouts or changes to the track I drove yesterday compared to late last year.

I think guys like pura vida could do it in a stock tj - but he amazes me no matter where we go!
    If you care little for your Heap.... i mean jeep you could probable do it in a std rig - but you will struggle and scape and probably need a snatch or winch up occasionally

Overall - I love this track - plenty of opportunity to polish your skills and test your Jeep - I hope you guyz have a great time and i am sorry i can't join in - Mrs and I both have to work!

FYI the return trip from McDonalds Richmond to wheeny creek ( inc running the whole track) and back is less than 100km's

Cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Count me in Steve, don't want to miss out. I don't have sliders, though they will come in time. Otherwise - "Locked, rasied and rubbered". Maybe that should be my new signature, eh. Jason

Place sounds real nice. count me in please... Hope to have jeep back by then. Still no word on what is wrong with my heap.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Re rock rails and rock sliders -- JK's not required unless you take the "Hunno" approach and the hardest possible line!
    Cheers Hunty
    If you don't try you don't learn lol.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    If you don't try you don't learn lol.
    Dear Hunno
    You are a 4x4 legend - i love how your prepared to give "anything" a go
    Wish i was going to be there to see the fun!
    Luv My Jeep!

Dear Hunno
    You are a 4x4 legend - i love how your prepared to give "anything" a go
    Wish i was going to be there to see the fun!
    Sh*t Stirrer

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Sh*t Stirrer
    Indeed I am!
    perhaps I should edit my post and replace the word Fun with the word Carnage! lol - or Jeepage! lol
    Luv My Jeep!

Indeed I am!
    perhaps I should edit my post and replace the word Fun with the word Carnage! lol - or Jeepage! lol
    I've had more Electrical problems than carnage

Visitor

Steve, can i get on a reserve list please.

**** Bump **** Please see trip entry update.................... Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094