Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help front cross thingy.....

Sounds like you copped a few "Awh Awh's" when inspection was done underneath... Otherwise like I said "highly recommended"........ Good pricing?? Usually is..............
    JC Member# 094

42000kms for a uni isn't too bad, my factory axle ones lasted 150000km though You need an older Jeep, enough random oil leaks to keep the underside nicely lubed and free of rust

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

The little green XJ had the stock ones in at almost 200,000 kays...no wonder they were buggered up quite a bit. Got AC/Delco replacements for the front four. Usually get the Spicer's as well but just trying something different this time.

Got one of Tom Wood's Gold Seal uni's coming for the rear drive shaft. Been running those on the Grand.

Btw...that's a heck of a parking ticket Mani! What was that one??
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Sounds like you copped a few "Awh Awh's" when inspection was done underneath... Otherwise like I said "highly recommended"........ Good pricing?? Usually is..............
    He was good. He showed me the old unis, I can tell u the stock ones were really low quality, with no hardening on the surface. Jeep needs to pickup their act. Place where the ABS sensor goes in is rusty and I was lucky he got atleast one of thd out without bfeaking..... John is a really nice guy. Explains everything as we go.... No complaints and great service.... . Just frustrated with Jeep build quality.... Hope this is a one off....

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage66 View Post

Btw...that's a heck of a parking ticket Mani! What was that one??
    15 Minutes more than i was supposed to stay in the parking bay on Elizabeth st......... My bad nothing much I can do.....

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    15 Minutes more than i was supposed to stay in the parking bay on Elizabeth st......... My bad nothing much I can do.....
    OUCH...15 minutes @ $210= $840 an hour! Hope they never look at it that way!
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Default Esp/bas oooopppppsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys

I was at Lake lyle again yesterday with some guys from work looking for tracks. We did our usual tracks and tracked along the Cox's River and eventually found a spot where it was narrow and shallow enough for us to cross to the other side. While on a narrow winding track that appeared unused for a long time I failed to see a tree stump and hit it with my left front wheel. The steering has been pointing about 30 degrees to the right since then. On the way back home the ESP tried to keep correcting me for about 2 Kms then gave up trying and threw ESP/BAS light along with the skidding car light (why couldn't they make a skidding Jeep light instead ).

This morning I corrected the steering with the turnbuckle thing and inspected the underside. The light have gone off and nothing appears bent or damaged. But now everytime I go round a right hand bend in the road any thing more than 20 K/Hr the ESP kicks in. I am going in for an alignment and balancing next week.

What u guys think have I screwed something bad or will the alignment fix it......

Other than this it was a great day.......

Cheers

Mani

Jason(jbrad) had the same lights on the dash at the meeting I think from a rock though. No codes just the lights.
    He may have made progress since the meeting & might be able to help.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Looks like recentring the steering and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes worked. No loghts or ESP kicking in. Also fol economy seems to have improved.....

yeah probably jsut needed the re centering.... all youve done with disconectting the battery is reset the steering sensors to zero in the position they are in ( no biggie if the steering is centered) i used my procal when i changed my draglink to the high steer set up..... took a few goes, but once you get the wheel alignment done it sould all be good, if the lights on the dash come on after its done then just do the battery trick again................damn JK's and their computer gizmos