Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Berridale - now 20-22nd May

Default Berridale - now 20-22nd May

I'm trying to convince heather to come down for this.

She'd got the dust in the viens after Jambo so hopefully all should be good.

Ann, what are the contact details for the place or do you know the $$$ for rooms? If heather does come we'll most likely have Kyanah in tow and would prefer a room so she won't be woken by everyones drunken rowdy behaivour (her dad being one of the worst offenders) through the night.

Brad, tell Heather to come! She will love it! It is such a fantastic weekend and you dont have to sleep in the dirt!

http://www.southerncrossmotorinn.com.au/ is where Ive booked a lodge which fits 20 people. Cost for a whole lodge is $175 a night. I asked "per person?" but no that is for the whole lodge per night. Its low season so cheap cheap! Speak to Gary he's great. Gary has just put cooking stove things in the room so you can bring your eggs for breakfast still and theres microwaves, toasters, fridge etc.

Smaller rooms are available and they proved to be clean, comfortable and warm last time around.

Heather come!!!!

well that wasn't heather's in so I'll be speaking to gary this arvo to book a room.

Now I've just got to remind her we'll be travelling down in the CJ. I might drag CJ Burns along as he'll be my comp navi and soon a part owner of the roid.

That way the girls can travel in comfort in the KJ while I bounce my kidneys and chatter teeth in the CJ with CJ.

OK, heather's checked out the site and is happy to stay in the lodge.

Here response was "We could sleep in the lodge as they have four separate bedrooms. Otherwise do you want a standard or deluxe room? I guess the lodge would mean you could stay drinking or whatever with everyone else?"

Is she trying to tell me something or are we getting a reputation.

Question is, how does everyone feel about having an 8YO kid running round the lodge? If everyones OK with it I'll take one of the rooms and pay a bit extra.

Lemme know your thoughts guy's.

Doesn't bother me mate.

We just need to keep track of the people we have and what rooms they will be in. Here's how I see it so far.

Room 1 -- Full

Ben, Ann
    Kim
    Chris T (my navi, in the Hilux)
    Lachlan

Room 2
    Anthony
    Bill
    Jumbo

Room 3 -- Full
    Dennis, Bond
    Dennis' mate in Landrover
    Wiz, Rach

Room 4
    Brad, Heather, Kyanah
    CJ Burns

Each room sleeps 4-5 people. So we still have more room.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_Brad
    Is she trying to tell me something or are we getting a reputation.

Lemme know your thoughts guy's.
    Yes to the reputation and no I for one dont mind. Kyanah's a doll

I hope Heather doesnt mind that you've put me in her room!

I'm not too sure about this one yet. May be a bit last minute.

Oops, fixed ops:

But you won't have a Jeep by then Jeff.. You would have sold it :lol:

add myself & Rach to the list :mrgreen:

also possibly a couple other oversize jeeps may be coming ...
    i just need to twist some arms

BTW ... Billsta , looks like you'll need to bring the earplugs :lol:

Buddha and some of the ACT guys are planning on dropping in on the Saturday for a day drive.

The rooms are getting pretty full, so keep me up to date if anyone else is coming and wants to stay. We may need to book another cabin as the first one is looking pretty full.

Also, what's the preference on when to head down, I know we were going down on Friday, but do you want to head down early Friday and get some driving in on the afternoon, or head down midday Friday and do our driving on Saturday and Sunday, leaving late on Sunday afternoon?

The only problem with Sunday is that we need to check out of the cabin by 10.30am. I'm sure we can work something out though.