Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tyre choice opinion

Hey Wooders - wrong pick - see below for correct matching of pics and insults LoL

Look at the stupid thing - it is barely an all terain!
    Luv My Jeep!

I just picked on one of the all terrans in your post .
    I would have suggested these to Dave, but he said he wants lateral traction:
    35wldp8b0l503_sm.jpg
    But I guess if you don't cut the little lugs out then they'd probably be ok
    I was also thinking these, but on a little Jeep you could probably remove the cores and still not air down enough to get the sidewalls to flex:
    jqvsygolwappar_sm.jpg
    But seriously Dave, if it's not a DD, and you don't care about a bit of extra road noise then I'd suggest looking at the Swamper TSL or TSL SX. Jumbo even ran a set on your rig when he had it and he was a convert

swampers are the shiz...... although when its timme for my next set of tires (hopefully it will be a trailer rig by then) i think id go sticky treps....

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    swampers are the shiz...... although when its timme for my next set of tires (hopefully it will be a trailer rig by then) i think id go sticky treps....
    Hey Rey
    "a Trailer rig" sounds pretty awesome, have you recently won the lottery and not planning on telling us! LoL - have you tried the KM2's, I am really pleased / surprised just how much more grip they have over my MTZ's
    cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Visitor

Its OK Wooders (playing devils advocate admittedly), saying get some interco TSL's or whatever, and i think alot of us would like to run tyres at the more extreme end of the spectrum but the reality is even if its not a DD, these tyres are not legal for road use. Only recently, I was on my way back from Walleroo SF and i got pulled over by a zealous and quite aggressive Highway cop just after the Hexham Bridge. We spent about 10 minutes discussing my engineering certificate, mainly the wording of the tyre and wheel combo. His main concern was whether my speedo was accurate with the tyres i am running. I explained about the transfer case speedometer recalibration pinion gear doohickey that i have and that my GPS (which was luckily switched on) confirmed my speedo was accurate. He "let me off" as he put it as i am an older responsible looking person.
    Last edited by D.K.; 01-05-11 at 12:09 PM.

Get up to the Classic in June and see how many blokes run Federals.Heaps of the Army boys use em and swear by em,as i do. I,ve had em for app 2yrs i think and will buy em again.

Quote Originally Posted by D.K. View Post
    Its OK Wooders (playing devils advocate admittedly), saying get some interco TSL's or whatever, and i think alot of us would like to run tyres at the more extreme end of the spectrum but the reality is even if its not a DD, these tyres are not legal for road use. Only recently, I was on my way back from Walleroo SF and i got pulled over by a zealous and quite aggressive Highway cop just after the Hexham Bridge. We spent about 10 minutes discussing my engineering certificate, mainly the wording of the tyre and wheel combo. His main concern was whether my speedo was accurate with the tyres i am running. I explained about the transfer case speedometer recalibration pinion gear doohickey that i have and that my GPS (which was luckily switched on) confirmed my speedo was accurate. He "let me off" as he put it as i am an older responsible looking person.
    Ahh the ever zealous hwy cop - sorry no matter what tyres you put on you aren't protected from that menace
    ONLY problem with the swampers is they are not speed rated - but unless your engineering cert mentions anything about it - I think you'd most likely be ok.
    Otherwise look at the Maxxis which are (as I understand).