Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any you thought Jeep Parts are expensive

Default Any you thought Jeep Parts are expensive

Just took my wifes' Mercedes A190 for service and was shocked what they said needed immediate attention
    And this is supply prices only - Brakes all round $1400! fair enough they need doing but I was able to source them at $300 and 1 hour of my time fitting
    But the killer was
    wait for it..... Wiper blades $167! and one led light behind instrument panel $207 and drive belt $249!

but I won't bore you with the others stuff.

Think your selves lucky....

Totally agree, Jeep stuff is pretty easy to find once you know to avoid the stealerships, and reasonable with the AUD being so high at the moment. My daughters VW Polo has had two ignition coils go in the past three months. Each sparkplug has an individual coil (how is that progress?). The service guys just say "Yep, they get a few years old and they start to fail". Ok so they are only costing about $150 a pop but there are two more to replace in the near future. The local garage tells me that Ford V8s also use these individual ignition lead coils and that they cost $400 each, and they only last about two years. We also had the special German wiper blade thrown at us, bought them on ebay for 20% of the original equipment price. Love my diesel.
    Last edited by glend; 19-05-11 at 12:28 PM.

Boy..... I thought rear brakes at $350 including fitting were expensive.... Dont know why but I am leaning more and more towards a Mahindra Thar (www.mahindrathar.com) for my second Jeep, it will only be about $18000 if launched in Australia ..... and I can always get my dad to courier parts from India.... ......
    Last edited by TRBN8R; 19-05-11 at 01:58 PM.

My daughter's 2008 Mazda3-- Electronic power steering unit--$2700.00, ( designed for bearing to fail and are not able to replace same without destroying the unit) - power steering hose's-- $1400.00-- Got them FREE but not from the stealership................... Seems like they are mostly the same.Rip you off with a smile...............
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    My daughter's 2008 Mazda3-- Electronic power steering unit--$2700.00, ( designed for bearing to fail and are not able to replace same without destroying the unit) - power steering hose's-- $1400.00-- Got them FREE but not from the stealership................... Seems like they are mostly the same.Rip you off with a smile...............
    2700+1400=4100...... Suzuki Alto is 12000 drive away..........

Originally Posted by stevet

Quote Originally Posted by TRBN8R View Post
    2700+1400=4100...... Suzuki Alto is 12000 drive away..........
    Forgot to mention "Labour" as well. My mechanic did it all for under a grand (long story), but was worth every $$$$$$ we saved and he went out of his way no end to get the job done right. Saved over $6000.00 by Not going via Mazda as the previous owner did not follow the warrenty terms in regards to servicing the car. Later copped $400.00 rear brake part's replacement bill as he also failed to respond to a recall for the rear brake componants to be replaced in 08............
    JC Member# 094

Boy..... I thought rear brakes at $350 including fitting were expensive.... Dont know why but I am leaning more and more towards a Mahindra Thar (www.mahindrathar.com) for my second Jeep, it will only be about $18000 if launched in Australia ..... and I can always get my dad to courier parts from India.... ......
    I wish that I hadnt seen that.
    Last edited by benjo; 19-05-11 at 10:42 PM. Reason: HUGE typos.

Hmmm, I know where they didn't spend any of that $18000

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

hahahahaahahahahaha.............that looks even worse then the old troop carrier land cruisers....

That is the point, I dont want luxuries.... First thing is a vehicle doesnt breakdown... and if it does I shouldnt have to sell my kidneys to fix it.......