Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any you thought Jeep Parts are expensive

OK guys I think I have upset too many people here ...... I didnt mean to challenge the superiority of Jeeps or upset diehard Jeepers. I am one of them too but cant afford to have two $40,000 Jeeps in my garage. I was looking forward to getting rid of my wife's car and get a cheap weekend toy in a couple of years time. It should look good and be cheap to buy, modify and fix in case it broke something. I came across this Mahindra while doing nothing on the net and thought might as well have a look at it. Thats the reason behind it, as you can see I posted my thoughts on a thread that was regarding expensive spares.....

I apologize if I have upset someone...

Mani

PS: Parramatta Jeep quoted $107/Ltr for synthetic diff oil..... That would make $642 in oil + Labour for changing both diffs.......

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i dont know what more funny out of this thread... mani's last comment, or the image of steve hooning around in a bettle......
    It wasn't stock

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

[QUOTE=TRBN8R;24636]That is the point, I dont want luxuries....QUOTE]

Yeah, I can agree with that. The only thing left in my new JK is the seats, dash and sunvisors

[QUOTE=TRBN8R;24677...... but cant afford to have two $40,000 Jeeps in my garage...

Mani
    [/QUOTE]
    LOL doubt anyone is actually offended - Just shyt stirring.
    $40k? who can....And if I did I'd still buy an old one and spend the rest doing it up.

Of course while price is probably the most important aspect when deciding to buy a part, Service and the ability for sellers to provide the "right" items and "quickly" can influence the buyer to pay a premium. Unfortunately that seems not to be a priority for may sellers these days. Sellers need to go out their way to make a sale rather than rely on their name alone.
    I'd be prepared to pay a little extra if I got good service.

Ahh but always remember Steve there is almost always 2 sides to every story - a little more time in Artarmon & you will see this more & more

Agree wooders but whats in Artarmon im not in artarmon!

I thought you were at ***. Sorry my mistake.
    Last edited by Wooders; 25-05-11 at 03:56 PM.

No worries dave I'm not in Artarmon,
    Last edited by SteveC; 25-05-11 at 04:55 PM.