Just wondering if there is anybody using the macquarie rack on there JK
    Am looking at booking mine in and was after good and bad points
    Have heard that the earlier ones were cracking but that has been fixed
    I wasn't sure about the way they are attatched to the rear tub
    Thanks
    Adz

Ash74

G'day

Am looking at the same thing, Did you end up getting one? if yes will it take a roof top tent

Visitor

We've got one on our 4 door JK. We'll be at the next club meeting if you're there and want to have a look at it and talk with the Boss (aka Robert)
    Cheers
    Tanya

Hi
    Sorry for the late reply. I have just got internet service, In Darwin at the moment
    We did buy the rack and it seems very strong with plenty of brackets to place ariels lights etc we have a camper so not sure about a roof top tent
    We have 3 HD rino bars and had a custom alloy basket made to fit along with awning and high lift jack mounts and 2 people can climb around on the basket with no problems
    so a tent should be OK
    With time/Kms it has developed a very annoying squeek that i can not get rid of. Sounds like it is caused from the tray bracket and the hardtop rubbing
    Also is now not dust proof the dust comes in from the tail gate and the rear doors ( Not Happy ) there are gaps which could of easly been filled when fitted
    I have NOT spoken to macquarie about these issues and it is probably an easy fix. Doesn't help me 10,000kms into a 20,000km trip in remote out of the way places
    Hope this has helped
    Adam

Ash74

Thanks Adam

Certainly has

Visitor

what was the cost of it if you don't mind me assking