Thread: To sell car in parts or whole?

Visitor

Default To sell car in parts or whole?

The Jeep dealership has said that my 97 ZG Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd needs too expensive parts (ABS and maybe computer) to be worth-while to fix.

So, is it worthwhile to trade it in for say?$4K to $5K or strip it and sell the parts separately?

Any advice would be helpful!
    Thanks!

A trade on a dead 97 for $5K is pretty good, probably a better option than parting it out unless you have the time and space.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Why not look for parts at the wreckers. May be a cheaper option.

Could be cheaper to fix ( depends on how much you like the ZJ)................... Have parts you needed provided minor update to the 97 grand from the 96 grand C/Laredo parts match.......... Gee, happen to have a ZG computor ABS parts etc as well...... Check out the serial numbers on the parts you need to see if they match up.... A lot cheaper than any wreckers prices... Selling parts can be slow so if you are short of space/time, ?? .....But if you are trading up to a newer Jeep, good price for a trade offer but that will be covered in their profit margins anyway........................ PM details etc if interested.............Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

Thanks for that. I've checked through the wreckers and I'll be paying about the same as if I buy 2nd hand parts on ebay. Besides, rego's up next month, so I'll lose out $1k for rego and parts and she might not even work....... I'll try trading her in I think and hope for the best. Thanks for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viperchick View Post
    Thanks for that. I've checked through the wreckers and I'll be paying about the same as if I buy 2nd hand parts on ebay. Besides, rego's up next month, so I'll lose out $1k for rego and parts and she might not even work....... I'll try trading her in I think and hope for the best. Thanks for your help!!
    What are you getting??........... Have wife, WHO wants her space back.............. 1/2 or ono compared to elsewhere?............. Good luck with the trade if you go that way..........
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

I suffer from seeing things differently. Probably why i get myself into hot water alot. But maybe, just maybe it is cheaper to trade the wife in. Did that thought cross your mind? I bet you are picturing this aren't you?
    I better go now before my wife comes in & has a look at what i am typing.

Good luck

Eddy