Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanging out for weekend o'niters.....!!!

Default Hanging out for weekend o'niters.....!!!

Hey all - apart from the Jeep jamborees, we don't seem to be doing any "family-oriented" weekender trips with a stay-over on Saturday night.

I'd like to propose a nice D-C grade trip like Newnes (camping at the old township after a day in the normal places), Yeranderrie (camp at the public or private camping areas) or Bendethra so that us "tourers" can break out the camping gear and enjoy the outdoors around a fire - cook a nice dinner and have a few beers and a laugh without having to drive a million miles to a Jamboree or hop rocks just for the day.

Any other suggestions?

Yalwal?
    Gloucester (sp)?

It would be good to have a few weekender club trips.

come on the classic not plastic weekend then.

Thanks Brad...but then it wouldn't be "not plastic".

I was just speaking in general terms. The only reason I'm with a club at all is the social aspect of it...and I mean sharing the outdoors with good people with all sorts of machinery - not just competition trucks. That's the main reason I left the Bong Bong club - all they seemed to want to do were comps and rock crawling.

Been there, done that - and I got it out of my system a long time ago. These days I'm more interested in the scenery.

I'm trying my darndest to get Pela to go camping and she's SLOWLY coming around to the idea, just not fast enough for me. She has been camping once in her life and it was a horrid experience...whereas I've lived weeks out in the woods...You and Jenny need to help with her.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

We'd be more than glad to Chris - that's what we like to do

I'd be pleased to run a few two or three day trips.

Mentioned earlier about a possible caves to caves run or a Bendethra valley trip? Any suggestions as to when to go?

How about the long weekend in April? 23/24/25

or the weekend after?

I will be more than happy to go, I got a brand new tent that has never been used yet
    Just decide a date & let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz
    I'd be pleased to run a few two or three day trips.

Mentioned earlier about a possible caves to caves run or a Bendethra valley trip? Any suggestions as to when to go?
    Caves to caves is a nice trip Antz. First night camp just after the Kowmung crossing or on Limeburners. Second night at Yerranderie. Return the next day via Mittagong.

Bendethra is a really beautiful spot too. Been there before a couple of times, and there is plenty of camping available. Can't remember my way around though - as I wasn't leading the trip.

I was thinking about the long weekend too. We were booked to go the Cooma for it, but I'm up for anywhere else too