Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hanging out for weekend o'niters.....!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hanging out for weekend o'niters.....!!!

Actually - what about this little suggestion? We go down Friday night (22nd) and camp at our place in Cooma. Use that as our base for the first day or two and do any of a dozen tracks (as described in the Boiling Billy "4WD Tracks of the High Country) all within an hour or so of our place.

There's the Broken Cart Trail near Tantangara Reservoir, There's also the Long Plain Road trail there too.The Ravine Road and Lobbs Hole Powerline Road near Kiandra (pretty close to our place). There are literally DOZENS of trails all quite near.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by chrispy
    Thanks Brad...but then it wouldn't be "not plastic".

I was just speaking in general terms. The only reason I'm with a club at all is the social aspect of it...and I mean sharing the outdoors with good people with all sorts of machinery - not just competition trucks. That's the main reason I left the Bong Bong club - all they seemed to want to do were comps and rock crawling.

Been there, done that - and I got it out of my system a long time ago. These days I'm more interested in the scenery.
    Now what you mean, here was I thinking this summer was going to be full of weekends away but then went and bought a house and started renovating.

That's cost me weekends away and no $$$$ to fix the broken jeep.

Do you have to be a sydney jeep club member to participate in these organised trips ?
    I have a jeep

xj95 - no, not technically. Visitors are welcome on trips away. You never know... you may like us and decide to join :P

I was just speaking in general terms. The only reason I'm with a club at all is the social aspect of it...and I mean sharing the outdoors with good people with all sorts of machinery - not just competition trucks. That's the main reason I left the Bong Bong club - all they seemed to want to do were comps and rock crawling.

Been there, done that - and I got it out of my system a long time ago. These days I'm more interested in the scenery.
    thats exactly what im after and why i have resisted joining some clubs

I was down at Lake Eucumbene a few weeks back.. a great part of the world, and would like to do more "exploring" around that area. old gold fields of the Kiandra (Giandara) district.

Quote Originally Posted by xj95
    I was down at Lake Eucumbene a few weeks back.. a great part of the world, and would like to do more "exploring" around that area. old gold fields of the Kiandra (Giandara) district.
    We love it down that way - that's why we bought a property there. We'll retire there over the next few years.

We are about a half hour drive from Eucumbene. There are so many tracks and places to go - most with historical significance of some sort. A truly great part of the country

I guess that's why we have 2 trip co-ordinators. So everyone gets catered for

An A-B trip coordinator who does hardcore rock crawling and competition events, and a C-D trip coordinator who does easier day trips for those who are interested in that or who want to do camping trips etc.

Actually - what about this little suggestion? We go down Friday night (22nd) and camp at our place in Cooma. Use that as our base for the first day or two and do any of a dozen tracks (as described in the Boiling Billy "4WD Tracks of the High Country) all within an hour or so of our place.

There's the Broken Cart Trail near Tantangara Reservoir, There's also the Long Plain Road trail there too.The Ravine Road and Lobbs Hole Powerline Road near Kiandra (pretty close to our place). There are literally DOZENS of trails all quite near.

Anyone?
    OK Chris, if you want to make up some sort of itinerary we'll see who is interested. I have done Broken Cart trail and Long Plain trail, I think broken cart is closed over the winter months?

No worries Antz

I'll put together a sample itinerary.