Thread: How do you Air up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by adz1604 View Post
    I did see the fine print but after i posted
    I have had the same conversation with my friend who uses old / out of date 9 kg lpg bottles as air recievers.
    As long as every thing is safe it is OK. I work with high pressure every day and more than once I have seen striped threads from over tightening or not enough metal cause the plug or fitting to blow out like a bullet

Not sure about why you wouldn't see any water. Do your air lines hang lower than your drain plug. You could always fit a water trap to be sure

Sorry to hijack your thread
    Re the HighJack - your welcome to high jack any of my threads anytime, I appreciate any intelligent advice, thanx mate - re the air feed lines being lower than the drain, I just ran out to the drive to have a look and B#@$@r me you are 100% right the lines run a couple of cm lower, thanx a million for your geniousness, you are a deadset legend! - so I guess the first thing i will do tomorrow will be to get my Jeep on the steepest angle I can and see if there is any water in the lines
    again Thanx mate
    Cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

You could dissconnect your supply line from your bar and start the compressor and blow out the line rather than push any water through your bar.

Smile Advice pls

Quote Originally Posted by adz1604 View Post
    You could dissconnect your supply line from your bar and start the compressor and blow out the line rather than push any water through your bar.
    Hmmmmm
    Excellent advice - however not sure if I can do it - let me explain - I fed the supply line through the chasis from the back of my Jeep to the front and by some miracle it popped out a std jeep made hole in the chassis just big enough for the blue line and a grommet at the front near the bull bar / airtank - a 1 in 10,000 shot - I posted up the pic below for comment - I definately do not really want to disconnect at the front bar?

thanx cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!