Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you Air up?

Smile Advice pls

Quote Originally Posted by adz1604 View Post
    You could dissconnect your supply line from your bar and start the compressor and blow out the line rather than push any water through your bar.
    Hmmmmm
    Excellent advice - however not sure if I can do it - let me explain - I fed the supply line through the chasis from the back of my Jeep to the front and by some miracle it popped out a std jeep made hole in the chassis just big enough for the blue line and a grommet at the front near the bull bar / airtank - a 1 in 10,000 shot - I posted up the pic below for comment - I definately do not really want to disconnect at the front bar?

thanx cheers Hunty
    Luv My Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunty View Post
    Hmmmm - I'd like to start an argument, - better rephrase that ......I'd like to start a discussion as to whether or not SteveF is correct?

I fill my air tank up whilst airing down on the trail b4 setting off wheeling to 105psi (my cut off pressure swicth setting)
    When the wheeling day is over and its time to air back up my front air tank is usually around 100psi (I normally have used some air activating my lockers)

Here we GO!
    When the first tyre is inflated to 36psi the tank has dropped from 100psi to X.

X = a pressure no less than 36psi because as my tank drops in pressure from 105psi the ARB compressor will kick back in around 85psi and will try to replenish the tank.

When I connect the hose to tyre 2 which is sitting @ 15psi there is a great inrush as the pressure from the tank X begins to fill tyre 2 up. (remember X = at least 36psi)

When I begin to fill tyre 3 the tank is again sitting @ 36psi and the above repeats.......

Lastly when I fill tyre 4 I switch off the compressor when the tank & tyre 4 reach 36 psi.

Anybody want to take me to school!
    i think what steve is saying is in regard to air volume.... surely you front bar doesnt hold enough air to fill 4 33's to 36PSI.

think of it this way, 36PSI in a shipping containter is going to have more air volume then 36PSI in a 600ml bottle of coke, even though the gague on each would show 36PSI......

It takes me about 3.5 to 4 mins per tyre with the arb compressor from 15 to 36psi.

More than often I'd rather drive to the first servo to air up. Just last weekend I drove from mt airlie to lithgo to air up. It isn't so bad cruising around on 15psi, just a little sluggish and the jk is a little more thirsty. I even disconnect the night before and re-connect at home as well

At least I know the arb air compressor is there if I really need it though.