Thread: Yellow TJ in the June issue of Jeep Action

Visitor

Default Yellow TJ in the June issue of Jeep Action

Anyone know who owns it?
    I want to find out what iPod connection kit he used with the factory head unit.
    From the article, it doesn't sound like the FM transmitter type, but a plug in kit.

Visitor

Default Sorry for the late reply

Hello,

I own it, I bought it from ebay, you are right it plugs into the 6 disc stacker connector at the back, allowing control from the head unit. it also charges the ipod. It sounds great and works well. Cost me just over a $100 from memory. You can pay more and it will display info on the head unit display. If I had my time again i would pay the extra for this.

Anyway hope this helps.

DKJ33P

Visitor

Hi DK,
    Can you tell me what brand it is or who the seller is?

Thanks for the info!

What year models does this suit? Sounds really good

Visitor

I have a 2005 / 2006 Wrangler. 140516964979 this is the ebay item number the brand is "simple". it is on there for 89 plus 29 postage. Very easy to install, the only hard part is getting the stereo in and out. The cable supplied will reach the centre console box. I wrapped the adaptor box which in size is small in foam and cable tied it in the space to the side of the stereo, allowing room for the stereo to breath of course. My console was modified before I got my jeep so it only has a very shallow compartment. The only down side of this one is that it doesn't display any info on the head unit, i believe more expensive ones do. To make it work you just press your cd button select on your head unit EXT CD from memory to get it to use that connector. You will need to then open the centre console and press play on your ipod. The sound quality is excellent. Just check before you buy that your head unit is compatable, I believe most are that have the external cd autochanger connector at the back. I will just add that the head unit I have is made in Japan and gives a great audio output, I would not want to change my standard head unit. I now do not have CD's in the car so it's safer too as I just press play once on the ipod and thats it set for hours. Regards DKJ33P