Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift kit

Visitor

Default Lift kit

Hi guys,
    I have a 2010 Cherokee Sport that I want to get lifted. Does anyone know who does this or where I could get a lift kit from?
    Also, suggestions on how high I should lift it?
    Am also in the market for some black steel wheels + dirt tires if anyone has any suggestions.
    Cheers, Will

Visitor

We just picked up a set of black steelies from Wooders for our Wrangler - can't wait to get Tyres on them :-)

Visitor

Good to hear - they'll look good on your Wrangler!
    I'm going to keep my stock rims for city driving (which I do a lot of working in the CBD) but I think my black Cherokee would look great with them too + a little lift.

speak to wooders..... he can get anything for jeeps in....if he cant, then its probably not worth having......as for lift height, work out what tires you want to run, what sort of wheeling you want to do etc and go from there.......rememebr to factor EVERYTHING into it (carpark height at work)etc........

Visitor

Yeah carpark is the most important height restriction haha. Parking anything bigger than a hatch near work is impossible.
    To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I'm happy to start on just wheels/tires and then do lift later. Seems easier.
    Might give Wooders a bell this week and have a chat.
    Thanks for the suggestion

are you going to go much bigger in the tires?

Visitor

I'd like to. Bigger the better haha

That's a KK model right? Give CRDSTU a call (Murchison Products). CRDSTU has a range of lift kits for KJs, KK, Grands etc. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/

He uses special King Springs that he has made for these models, and usually Old Man Emu shocks. Most of his stuff can be installed by the owner but in the case of a KK front strut tear down and spring change someone like Pedders can do that for you.

Our meeting next week on Wednesday 3rd August is at Wooders, come along and have a chat in person.

Maggie.

Steel rim's regardless -- Kings - Are the one's to get...... Aussie owned/made and cheaper as well, has a better finish to rim itself...... Was pointed out to me by other's, unaware that I was sort of there the last comment anyway at least, but do agree after a later self comparo peek...........LOL...... Confess to having King steel rim's myself...........Bias?..........LOL.........
    As for tyres, really want you want(dream off anyway)/need/wallet etc.............. as to what you will pick.......Choices??................... Wooder's would be a very good start on the topic........................
    JC Member# 094