Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift kit

Look a KK is a very different vehicle to a TJ, XJ or JK, which is really where Wooders has his focus. Lifting a new model IFS Jeep has different issues and requirements to those of a SFA Jeep. It is a fact that there is little in the way of aftermarket equipment for the KK, some of this is because they are new and some of this is due to market demand or lack there of, from the buyers. There are some real restrictions on tyre sizes on the KK due to the large front air dam/bumper and its tyre clearance, and there is currently no front bar for these vehicles (other than a few people that have adapted the KJ TJM bar to fit the KK - and TJM do not make those any longer).

If your looking for a workshop that will do the lift for you, and don't want to get involved in this yourself, then ARB and TJM are the obvious choices but be prepared to get only a 40mm lift from them. If you want to go up to 75mm then Murchison Products is the only organisation that I know of (in Australia) that does that. In the USA, JBA does have Coil Over kits for KK which will allow adjustable lift height, but you will find the cost higher than dealing with Stu.

You might find the AJOR KK forum a good source of information on what can and can't be done to a KK.

Cheers
    Glen

id still be having a chat to wooders..... he can point out the pros and cons of ALL things jeep, without pushing a sale onto you.......hence i try and buy from him whenever i can...... the amount of times i have gone into his shop wanting to buy something and being talked out of it buy wooders for whatever reason is amazing........... the guy looses a sale but is willing to share his knowledge and give an un biased opinion to get the most for his customers.....cant get much better then tahat in my opinion...

Visitor

Hey guys, thanks for all your helpful tips. Sounds loke Wooders is the place to start! Yep, its a KK model.
    Maggie, I do want to come along, have a chat + meet you all, hopefully I don't get stuck at work!

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    id still be having a chat to wooders..... he can point out the pros and cons of ALL things jeep, without pushing a sale onto you.......hence i try and buy from him whenever i can...... the amount of times i have gone into his shop wanting to buy something and being talked out of it buy wooders for whatever reason is amazing........... the guy looses a sale but is willing to share his knowledge and give an un biased opinion to get the most for his customers.....cant get much better then tahat in my opinion...
    Yes agree, Wooders is a great place start at. May not have much/any KK products yet, but he will/does freely point you in the right direction at times to his own detterment regarding sales,but given time/demand who know's?............ Like I said, "A Great place to Start at".............. Stephen T.
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Look a KK is a very different vehicle to a TJ, XJ or JK, which is really where Wooders has his focus. Lifting a new model IFS Jeep has different issues and requirements to those of a SFA Jeep. It is a fact that there is little in the way of aftermarket equipment for the KK, some of this is because they are new and some of this is due to market demand or lack there of, from the buyers. There are some real restrictions on tyre sizes on the KK due to the large front air dam/bumper and its tyre clearance, and there is currently no front bar for these vehicles (other than a few people that have adapted the KJ TJM bar to fit the KK - and TJM do not make those any longer).

If your looking for a workshop that will do the lift for you, and don't want to get involved in this yourself, then ARB and TJM are the obvious choices but be prepared to get only a 40mm lift from them. If you want to go up to 75mm then Murchison Products is the only organisation that I know of (in Australia) that does that. In the USA, JBA does have Coil Over kits for KK which will allow adjustable lift height, but you will find the cost higher than dealing with Stu.

You might find the AJOR KK forum a good source of information on what can and can't be done to a KK.

Cheers
    Glen
    Hi Glen,
    Can you ring me, b----y computer wonn't let me send anymore pm's. Tells me I have reached my quota and to make space,- delete 50% old older ins' and out's but still obstructed.. Can not reply to your pm to me ( and you to Steve F, but definiately non-urgent wise ).................... Stephen
    JC Member# 094