Thread: 2006 jeep renegade

Default 2006 jeep renegade

Hi all just joined and am looking at purchasing my first JEEP, I test drove a 06 Renegade from a dealer yesterday the car was in good condition with 62000km on it and had great power for a 2.8CRD, however I noticed a distinct knocking in the front end drive train mostly on the left hand side and when turning left. Can anyone pass on any info or solutions to this problem and or if this may be a sign to walk away from the car.

Cheers

Can you just confirm which model Jeep your looking at? The Cherokee (KJ) series had a Renegrade badge and was available with the 2.8L CRD, and that one has Independent Front Suspension (as opposed to solid front axle in Wranglers). If it's the Cherokee (KJ) then the noise you are hearing may well be a bad CV joint and that should be replaced before you consider buying it. Sounds like you need to get it assessed by a good mechanic or just look elsewhere.

Cheers

Default Renegade KJ MY2006

Hey thanks for the reply yes it is the KJ model with the 2.8 CRD

Well it is low kilometres for a 2006, and if you like it and want to buy it - see if you can get the dealer to pay to fix the CV (with original equipment parts by someone who knows what they are doing and not just the dealers mechanic). You had better to check the turbo hoses as well, they are known to fail due to oil mist degradation (it eats them from the inside). Most don't last to 60,000kms so see if they have been replaced. Check the service history, a hose replacement might show up there.