Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steves XJ

Default Steves XJ

I lost my build thread in a terrible forum accident a few days ago so decided I'd put up a new condensed version.

First up I got the XJ in November 2002, joined SJC in Feb 2003 (first meeting of the year) and went from there.

I'd already done some mods with a simple budget boost lift and 30x9.5 AT's. It got a dual battery setup and false floor not long after this.

Below is a pic of my first trip offroad.

It stayed like that for a while and then in 2005 some time it went to 4" of lift, it also had a tyre carrier on it by then and had done a Jambo and the Flinders Ranges

Next it got some 31's it had also got a home made front bar and snorkel in there somewhere as well as homemade rock sliders.

Next.......
    Public Officer - Member #076

Jump forward to 2008 and it got 32" tyres and had a few other mods including a bit more lift, it also had a CarPC at this stage for offroad and street mapping

Next it was time for some big changes, 2010 prior to Jambo. First up was a D44 with locker, ratios (4.56) and bushwacker flares along with other bits and pieces.

Shortly after that 35's went on and a homemade roofrack for the roof top tent

And finally the latest bigish mod has been to build some drawers and hard mount the compressor etc.

And then......

looks good steve..... spewing you lost the other thread.....

The latest addition..... some homemade mudflaps

The total build spec so far includes..

Suspension
    5" lift, RE adjustable super flex lower arms, RE coils, Bilstein 5150 piggy back front shockes, OME rear LT shocks, Rear RE leaf pack with boomerang shackle, JKS disconnects, control arm drop brackets up front.

Exterior
    Homemade winchbar (with 8500lb winch), rear bar with tyre carrier and sliders.
    Homemade roofrack, Snorkel, Homemade mudflaps, raised gearbox xmember, Narva 175 lights with HID inserts, LED rock lights, rear LED work light, Bushwacker flat flares
    Soft 8 15x8 wheels with Maxxis Bighorn 35x12.5 tyres.
    Rear D44 diff with 4.56 ratios in Detroit Locker, front D30 with 4.56
    Towbar, 120lt fuel tank
    BA Falcon front disks and calipers, extended brake lines, Wooders Panhard and panhard bracket, custom steering dampner mount, RTC steering dampner.
    Dual battery setup, reversing camera in rear bar, LED rear lights, aftermarket taillights.

Interior
    GME UHF, CarPC with touch screen on dash, rear storage system, cargo barrier additional 12v power, all LED lighting, alarm with paging remote
    12V twin head compressor, 50lt Waeco Fridge and again more.

I think that might be it all

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 16-08-11 at 04:04 PM.

I like your mudflaps steve I was admiring them on the swingbridge trip I'll have to see how you did them to see wether it will work with mine

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.788321,151.087125

Sounds like you are in the running for monthly "Buggar" award Mr.Web Master........................lol............ Sorry you lost all those good build-up stories on there........... Do the web folk's keep a seperate log/record of our site??...........
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Sounds like you are in the running for monthly "Buggar" award Mr.Web Master........................lol............ Sorry you lost all those good build-up stories on there........... Do the web folk's keep a seperate log/record of our site??...........
    I have a backup but its a bit tricky pullingone or two threads out of it so I'm not going to bother with the time on it

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    I have a backup but its a bit tricky pullingone or two threads out of it so I'm not going to bother with the time on it

Cheers
    Steve
    Still in line for the award though..lol........
    JC Member# 094

Mounted the awning to the roof rack today in preperation for the cape

Cheers
    Steve