Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steves XJ

Nice one Steve. Looking real nice there too.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Tim Tam

That's an article from the mag early this year (Feb I think) actuall shot last year, recycled for use online.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

My stock seats were flat and worn out from 200K with a lot of that offroad. Rather than repair them I picked up some WJ seats as these are more comfortable and a better seat to start from if I needed to repair them.

Turns out I just needed to pull the base cover off of the drivers seat, glue the split foam back together and then glue some cloth over the top of it to stop it splitting again. This was on the underside of the drivers seat where the frame cuts into the foam and on the door side raised section on the base that gets flattened as you get in and out.

It's an easy fix if they aren't too far gone and it's worth doing to any second hand seat to make them last much longer. Even new seats are worth reinforcing where the frame touches the foam. Anyway, the pics. You can see the seat cover on the drivers cushion needs a bit of a steam to get the wrinkles out where it was stretched slightly from the foam starting to split. It's all good now (foam wise) and I'll steam the seat to tighten the cloth back up.

New seat colour and pattern, not a perfect match but close enough especially since the back of the seats is just a single colour grey cloth.

I took the switches out for the power base and glued a piece of carpet that I had left over from the drawers in there to cover the hole.

And the stock back seat colour and pattern.

Much more comfortable than stock, worn seats. They raise me up about 1cm and have more padding on the base of them as well. A great swap.

Cheers
    Steve

New tyres ordered today, for some reason nobody can get much in the way of 35x12.5x15 in a MT. Anyway, after much deliberation and finance checking I went with BFG KM2, I've always liked these so keen to see how they perform and how they last. Should go on tomorrow sometime.

Cheers
    Steve

The KM2 are great Steve. Not only do they grip well on and off the road, but reasonable quiet (if doing more than 80)

Got my BFG KM2's fitted today

Cheers
    Steve

They look huge for 35".... Like it.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Mounted the 20" light bar on the roof rack, I wanted it under it so I could still put my canoe up there. Now to wire it up and align it properly. A quick test shows its pretty bright at 60w and perfect for crawling at night which is what I wanted it for More pics tomorrow.

Cheers
    Steve

Finished it, all wired up to the rock light switch/relay for now

Thats my HD Video camera mount in the middle

Cheers
    Steve

Steve,
    I didn't know you were making snorkels
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/10...r_snorkel.html