Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Anzac long weekend - Trips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This Anzac long weekend - Trips?

If I'm sober enough to make it, I'm keen.

I don't really want to go up there if we don't have a guide, as I've heard you can be driving for hours to find one good obstacle if you don't know where you're going?

I don't think i'd get a leave pass for the whole day so looks like I'm out for any playtime on monday.

I might shoot over to winchbreak and have a bit of a play around the top though.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_Brad
    I don't think i'd get a leave pass for the whole day so looks like I'm out for any playtime on monday.

I might shoot over to winchbreak and have a bit of a play around the top though.
    Theres a pretty big Outerlimits Trip there on monday

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    I don't really want to go up there if we don't have a guide, as I've heard you can be driving for hours to find one good obstacle if you don't know where you're going?
    We could do the trail we did on Jeff's trip and where we turned around at the big hill keep on going. That climb looks fun but never been over the hill so dunno wats on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by sir_camel
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    We could do the trail we did on Jeff's trip and where we turned around at the big hill keep on going. That climb looks fun but never been over the hill so dunno wats on the other side
    "That hill" is very degraded now. It's been dug out so badly by idiots with big tyres and lifts and no conscience. The first time we went up there (the infamous winch incident on a certain red TJ) we all got up - including the WJ and an XJ, but it was a lot of work and really shouldn't have been attempted in that car. Last trip (Jeff's infamous "it's a C-grade") we got to the hill and no-one would have made it without further damaging the track. Even if you could make it, you guys really need to think how that sort of attempt is going to look to the locals - who want us out of there. Beyond the big obstacles and just around the bend is flat road all the way out anyway.

OK I think I've got myself sorted for trips now.

Saturday Appin
    Sunday Menai
    Monday I might give a miss. 3 days in a row of wheeling is probably asking to break something

Ok just got directions from dirtjeep on where rope rd is. Still not 100% if i am up or not tho. Maybe we can pencil ina reccie trip in a few weeks??

Never been to the good bits at the Watagans, really want to go sometime.

You still got some time off camel? I'd be keen for a reccie.

Quote Originally Posted by Antz
    Never been to the good bits at the Watagans, really want to go sometime.

You still got some time off camel? I'd be keen for a reccie.
    This is my last week of holidays and have busy days till the end. Could have gone today tho. Maybe friday NEXT week Maybe