Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updating Jeep "Maybe"

Visitor

cost of servicing a diesel model isn't all that much more, if this is a concern of your don't take it to a stealer... The real cost of dealers are the mark up on prices..... Well known generic brands are half the price of genuine items even at trade prices, there isn't much difference in the price of after market parts between the 2 either....

your average mechanic's service price will be very similar in prices diesel or Petrol,

I can help out with servicing as I am a liceneced motor mechanic.. This goes for all members I will look after all the best i can and will charge trade price on all parts... labour for me is $55 per hour... going through the the crap to make it a legit operation bussiness atm.. so will officaly post up when i am trading..

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    My 2 door petrol rubicon is running 33s MTZ on standard ratios 3.12 and returns 11.2------13.5l/100ks. The figures were alot different before I used the Procal to adjust everything
    ?

rubicons have 4.10 ratio's standard...

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    I regret getting the rubicon fuel economy is terrible get diesel model and get a manual.. Easier and cheaper to repair should sonething go wrong... With plenty of ppl selling off thing off rubicons you can beef up your diesel model with the lower tcase gearing and the diffs with the lockers, ratio's are normally swapped out depending on tyre size you are running

and when the clutch packs up?

Visitor

Took me ages to settle on mine as I really wanted a diesel manual, but the wait time was ridiculous so opted for the auto instead... THANK GOD I DID.

The auto (while a little old fashioned, no tip-tronic and you can't select 3rd at all) is UNREAL and so easy when 4WDing and with the 4.56 gears it launches off the mark.

Im talking with Roo Systems right now about there exhaust and chip system together with there new intercooler system which combined should give me 25-35% more power - the fuel saving part there is you should be able to change to a higher gear sooner.

I've already had this discussion with Reysor! my 07 rubicon came from the factory with 3.21 axle ratios. previous post incorrectly stated 3.12 ratio

Bear
    Last edited by Bear; 29-09-11 at 06:59 PM. Reason: correct typo

Visitor

Yep all Rubicons have the 3.21 axle ratios Bear... the 4.1 stated above is your unreal transfer case... would love to get my hands on one of those

Visitor

Go look in owners manual it clearly states all rubicon models have got 4.10 ratio in diff gears

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    and when the clutch packs up?
    550 fitted.... When your auto fills with water good luck getting home have fun with expensive auto repairs if the clutch packs let go in a auto it will be very expensive especially been a jeep... Over heating autos slip... Manual you can keep changing gears even with out a clutch... Anything else....
    Last edited by aussiejk; 29-09-11 at 07:53 PM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Bear; 30-09-11 at 09:52 AM.

if this that easy to fix, why are there countless people with clutch issues.......id still prefer an auto over the manual... makes everything so much easier.

good luck taking off at a set of lights in a manual without a clutch.

simple fix for an overheating trans is a tranny cooler (not the kind that colin got from thailand).....

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=109426

have a read.........

im talkign abotu the desiel manual here not the petrol........ the desiel basically has to much torque for the clutch and flywheel to handle......

and my Rubi came with 4.10 diff ratios and a 4.11 t/case.......