Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Updating Jeep "Maybe"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    There is a really nice dark sky blue special 2 door project at Jeep Mosman
    Comes with 17x8 black Pro-comp (i Think they were) wheels and 305/70/17 pro-comp tyres, Lift (about 3" I think) all engineered and tuned, custom front & rear steel bars (not that nice IMO) and side rails plus a few other bits. I wonder if the lift will be OK under new rules. hmmm....
    They want $50k petrol. the Jeep looks VERY cool though.
    Steve C.,
    All you need to remember is "Black TJ", forget the rest..........Lol........
    Manual= Everytime the clutch is engaged, it create's a vaccum so ANY weakness's etc will soon show and mud/crap soon fill it... Better, longer breathers do not hurt either.......
    Auto= Should be properly sealed, longer breather's, sitting in deep puddles for extended periods is no issue but it did shyte the rear D35 a short time later.............
    Auto's can overheat & slip but manual's also can basically do the same..Stop you dead in your tracks....But it is a great look on the face of an manual driver when they stall on a climb............Lol.............
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    reading on the US forums there isn't much of a difference in economey but there are some major issues with the exhaust when lifting you need exhaust spacers and all sorts of trouble i would rather steer clear off...
    all you have to do is add a small spacer to the exhaust.... its not that hard really.....

All this info has been good and I and I'm many others would like to know as much as possible from real drivers of the wrangler.
    Thanks

Can yo guys who have changed their wheels let me know what you have chosen? In particular the make/model and specs of the wheels
    Thanks