Thread: Best place to get a Double Cardan shaft built?

Default Best place to get a Double Cardan shaft built?

Where is a good driveline engineering shop in Sydney? I need to get a double cardan rear shaft built for the KJ.

Cheers
    Glen

Glen
    I recommend Tom Woods in the USA. He is very good & helpful and even phoned me directly twice to see if he could help me. It was cheaper to get a custom made one delivered to my door and that was when au$ was about 80c!
    http://www.4xshaft.com

Visitor

Yep Tom Woods is really good

Thanks guys, I'll get on to them. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Where is a good driveline engineering shop in Sydney? I need to get a double cardan rear shaft built for the KJ.

Cheers
    Glen
    J-Mac Diff & Gear,
    John McDonald
    PH- 9671-5800........... Get's his made from a mob in Wetherwill Park area, does a lot of work on "built rig's" for the Master's etc..... He wonn't go near the driveshaft shop right next door to his shop.. Mine first D/C front shaft came from them via "Suburban", enough said, lasted six month's, but insurance had paid for it away...Lol...... His one, it still live's on under unother ZJ somewhere........... Only a phone call anyway to start with....................
    JC Member# 094

Having been at Pedders Granville this morning, next door is Metropolitan Driveshafts - 11 James Ruse Dr, Granville NSW 2142 (02) 9637 7933 ()

Not used their services myself, but their website says they repair, supply new and build custom driveshafts etc. http://metropolitandriveshafts.com.au/index.html

‎Dave

It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Thanks heaps Guys, Chris I will ring the local guy first.

Quote Originally Posted by glend View Post
    Thanks heaps Guys, Chris I will ring the local guy first.
    They recently did some stuff for me for the little XJ through my mechanic. Beautiful work.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Visitor

I used these guys years ago when i was younger & playing with gbig horse power. They did outstanding work back then.

http://www.propellershaftservices.com.au/

Eddy
    Last edited by sfedek; 18-10-11 at 10:11 PM. Reason: forgot to paste