Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BLACK RAT CHALLENGE - 11th/12th June

Default BLACK RAT CHALLENGE - 11th/12th June

ben count me in. I'll call you about the forms etc.

i just need a navi now.... wiz?

Hang on a second... isn't that the same weekend as JAD? :?

Was planning on going to that

Uhh is JAD even happening? Every time I hear about it, I hear it's not finalised etc etc. :roll:

Send me your email address if you're still keen.

Yeah dude, JAD is happening!

There's a thread on Ausjeep about it. I think i'll be going there instead :?

My email is jason@messy.com.au anyways

Visitor

Is this still on ?
    what sort of spec dose the car need to be in
    and how much?

Any other info, I couldn't find mention of this anywhere.

I'm interested in having a go if someone wants to sit in the passenger seat. I'm not exactly sure what is involved though.

Sounds good from the info Ben sent me, I'm willing to go, anyone else interested?

Quote Originally Posted by ACJ
    Is this still on ?
    what sort of spec dose the car need to be in
    and how much?
    Yep it's definately still on

I get the impression that a moderately modified vehicle could enter in the 'Standard' or 'Modified' class. Unfortunately I'll be in the 'Outlaw' class ops:

Costs are as follows:

Vehicle Entry Fee - One competitor $50
    Additional driver (if someone else wants to compete in your car) $10
    Additional adults (non driving) $5
    Dinner on Sat night $17p.p

You can also pre-purchase event t-shirts in any size for $35.

Forward me your email address if you'd like to come watch or compete and I'll pass you all the detail..

As I've kept on saying, we'll need to get all competitors and spectators forms in and a cheque from the Club Treasurer, along with a copy of our public liability insurance off to the organisers BEFORE the 20th May. That's this Friday. So we need to move fast. Anyone who wants to have a go is welcome to compete in this one. My understanding is that the comps will be similar to J5, but there will be 8 'stages' and they will be probably a notch or two up the difficulty scale from J5 events. At a guess, I'd say there will be different tracks in each stage for the different classed vehicles.

Don't forget to organise yourself a spotter (preferably from the club) if you don't already have one. Any non-club members must become members before the event. I'll be talking to Dave about this when he gets back from overseas.

If anyone wants to talk to me in person, call me on 0438 125000.

Classes are as follows;

Standard Class: 33inch tyres max, 2inch lift combination of suspension and/or body lift , no lockers or shimmed limited slip diffs no limited slip front diffs, no wheel spacers allowed, the engine must be no larger than 1 litre over standard, an after market turbo or blower is OK on Diesels only, no changes to gearing allowed. Vehicle must have the original suspension configuration & links.

Modified Class: 35 inch tyres max, 6 inch combination of suspension and/or body lift, , no wheel spacers are allowed, diff locks allowed, any engine conversion, Vehicle must have the original suspension configuration & links.

Open Class: Any tyre size up to 44 inch any amount of lift, any suspension modification as long as it is road legal, diff locks allowed, wheel spacers allowed, no 4 wheel steer, no hydraulic suspension, no skid steer.

Bugger JAD, I'm for this, but.....

With the way things are going with the CJ I don't want to put my hand up and have to pull at the last minute.

If anyone needs a spotter I am more than willing to play runner.

If things get really desoperate I could always put the KJ in I guess. Or use CJ's pootrowl.