Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next Big Trip

Visitor

Im doing another vic high country trip first week of April (weeke b4 easter) with other 4wd mates(annual trip) , Im happy to run one for the Club, but will be late April which is a good time, its cold, no bush flies, and most gates closed from May
    I can do one week only , which is enough weekend to weekend to cover alot of ground

Wow! Sounds like we have interest in possibly three trips, possibly all Easter-ish, Fraser, Vic High-Country and even something out West! Hope everyone brings their planning hats to the December meeting. No reason why there can't be a couple of different trips running at same time. Going to have to look up when the school hols are next year, because if Kev is offering to run a Vic trip...

Hmmm, looks like the Easter long weekend is the start of the NSW Hols - Term ends 5th April, Good Friday is 6th April, back at school on Mon 23rd. Might not suit Kev's dates. D'oh!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 23-11-11 at 01:55 PM.

Kev I'm in for vic high country. Need firm dates to confirm A/L.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Dave, school hols not actually a good time as too busy down Vic , we generally leave as others arriving so plenty of space and quiet in camping spots

as SteveF said Frazer is not hardcore 4wding but heaps of fun with some challenging sections, ive been there 4times and would put my hand up to go again. 1 week on the island would be comfortable. Good thing is there is fuel on the island because us TJ's will need it.

i do like the sound of Vic high country but would love to be there when there is snow!!!

hopefully should make it to Dec meeting to hear a few ideas.

p.s. my avatar photo is on Frazer Island
    Last edited by VIN18U; 24-11-11 at 03:00 PM. Reason: adding text