Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest or recommended tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselcon View Post
    Aussie Jk is running 35"(315/70/17) copper stt. I think with spacers
    I'm running 34"(305/70/17) maxis bighorns. Stock wheels and No spacer but needed to adjust break line bracket to stop rubbing on full flex..
    Im amazed you run 305 or 315 on 7.5" wheels. Don't you get too much roll and squirming?

Visitor

don't notice it... its jeep it;s not meant be a rail on the road

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    don't notice it... its jeep it;s not meant be a rail on the road
    Easy for you to say when you have a gtr in the driveway. Lol
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Visitor

Easy for you to say when you have a gtr in the driveway. Lol
    Im amazed you run 305 or 315 on 7.5" wheels. Don't you get too much roll and squirming?
    Yeah ture lol it's not quite back on the road yet.. need a blue slip for it.. but i drive the jeep everyday to and from work, GTR spends most of its time in the garage.. you can't expect 2-2.5 tones of jeep with larger tires and and lift to performe on the road and off you make a compremise buying any 4wd for that matter, like come on even a standard jeep squirms and rolls (even though you can get a cheerokee or a wrangler sport) dose this make it a sports car, seriously all jokes aside if any one is that concerned about how a car (jeep) feels on the road i question you why own one or any 4wd, its 4wd...
    Last edited by aussiejk; 24-11-11 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiejk View Post
    seriously all jokes aside if any one is that concerned about how a car (jeep) feels on the road i question you why own one or any 4wd, its 4wd...
    I have owned Jeep for 10+ years and other 4wd's too. While I drive it hard (perhaps not as hard as wranglers do) within it's capabilities. I do and CAN expect modern 4wd's, regardless of make, to drive comfortably, confidently and more importantly safely on and off the road.
    I've not owned a JK but all I can vouch for, is that my WJ handles great with the use of the correct suspension components and tyre choice plays an important part.

After all "most" 4wd's spend a lot of time on the black top to get to the dirt, so they should perform reasonably so.

That is why I posted question to gauge people's opinions.

I'm amazed at how well some of the new 4wd tyres handle on the road - at high pressures they stiffen up and work extremely well on the road, at low pressures they bulge, flex and behave completely differently.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    I have owned Jeep for 10+ years and other 4wd's too. While I drive it hard (perhaps not as hard as wranglers do) within it's capabilities. I do and CAN expect modern 4wd's, regardless of make, to drive comfortably, confidently and more importantly safely on and off the road.
    I've not owned a JK but all I can vouch for, is that my WJ handles great with the use of the correct suspension components and tyre choice plays an important part.

After all "most" 4wd's spend a lot of time on the black top to get to the dirt, so they should perform reasonably so.

That is why I posted question to gauge people's opinions.
    totally agree steve, its not to much to expect your new car to handle driving everyday well....... 4 wd or not.......... writing it off as "a jeep thing" is crap

My ZJ was such a great daily driver, then I fitted the RE Superflex Kit. The road handling got even better. It was a great car to eat up the miles as well.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

There is a big difference between the performance from a true sports car (400+HP skyline) and that of a modified 4wd. However, I would expect all new 4wd to handle well on the road, due to "ALL are daily drivers". Agree with Hunno, adding after market suspension should only improve handling for both Offroad and on road. And in my case, the new components improved it's handling all-round.
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

speaking of wheels/tyres etc... anyone know where i can get a set of 16 x 10 steel wheels made?