Thread: New Grand cherokee

Visitor

Default New Grand cherokee

Hey was just wondering if anyone has the new grand cherokee? how are you liking it? What engine did you go with? Looking for some feed back on the engines from owners only not oh i think the hemi is better or the V6 diesel is the way to go, so if you do not have one no need to post up your opinion.

thanks

Dave

Ive been in the v6 petrol one for 5 days last year.
    I'm a bit disappointed in it's off-road credentials. Gone a bit soft with poor approach and departure with very limited accessories. Though on road and rough/fire tracks it is excellent with plenty of power and very comfortable. Certainly better built than previous models
    I do believe there is a 3" lift in the states but only read part of the story.
    I heard there may be a model that is a cross between the grand and JK rubicon. NOW that would be worth a look!

I've had our overland for about a month now. Have been nothing but impressed with how good it is to drive.
    We went with the hemi just coz well why not? Haha it took 8 months for us to get it so the crd wasn't an option back then. The fuel usage isn't great but we weren't expecting it to be. Avg around 13l/100km on the freeway and 15-16 normally.
    If you want to know anything more specific just ask
    Just make sure if your gonna get one get one that is already on the lot

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I've had our overland for about a month now. Have been nothing but impressed with how good it is to drive.
    We went with the hemi just coz well why not? Haha it took 8 months for us to get it so the crd wasn't an option back then. The fuel usage isn't great but we weren't expecting it to be. Avg around 13l/100km on the freeway and 15-16 normally.
    If you want to know anything more specific just ask
    Just make sure if your gonna get one get one that is already on the lot
    Whow,
    Used to get about that in the TJ and I drove with a light right foot (well usually)........... with the old straight 6..............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

15-16 is pretty decent return around town for a 5.7 hemi....