Thread: Tailshaft Rebuild - Thanks to Chris and Sydney Driveline Services

Default Tailshaft Rebuild - Thanks to Chris and Sydney Driveline Services

I finally got around to taking my trailshaft into Sydney Driveline Services (@ Greenacre) to get the Unis replaced and rebalance. Thanks to Chris CPAGE66) for tipping me off to the place, they do excellent work and turned it around in one day.

They used their shaft angle measuring gauges to sus out if my lift was the problem or not and we decided to forget the $$ double cardan for now and just go with new unis and see how it went at eliminating the vibration, slack in the driveline starting and stopping, and the chirping bird noises that had developed after the Cape trip. They disassembled the shaft, cleaned it all up, installed the new Spicer joints, spin balanced, and painted it. They also removed the massive harmonic balancer that was put on there by Jeep. All for only $198.

I reinstalled it this morning and it now drives silky smooth, like a new vehicle, and all the driveline slack it gone. I recommend those guys.

Cheers
    Glen
    Last edited by glend; 12-01-12 at 02:14 PM.

Sweet, good to hear. Should hit em up as a club sponsor so we can get a discount? hehe

sounds like the problem i got squealing noises and vibrations. the vibrations used to be only when i slowed down now they are there when i accelerate?

im pulling my shalfts out one at a time to see if one of them is the issue. fingers crossed it is at that price