G'Day All,

This is my first post. I wish it was in happier circumstances.

I took delivery of my 2012 Grand Cherokee on 23/1 and its a great piece of gear - BUT...

You may be aware that the 2012 model is being delivered without front recovery hooks contrary to when I ordered the vehicle in September 2011. In addition it came with "All Season" tyres rather than AT. The front of the 2012 chassis has been changed from the 2011 model and the tow hooks will not simply bolt on.

The issue of the tow hooks is turning into a major issue for Chrysler with many customer complaints and no easy solution. I've made numerous attempts through the dealer and Chrysler Aust to find out what is going on, but Chrysler are no longer returning my calls and have gone to ground. The dealer seems to be in the dark. Without the tow hooks, the GC is unrecoverable.

I have now written a formal complaint letter and sent it to the Chrysler GM, Dept Fair Trading and anyone else I could think of and Im trying to get in touch with 4x4 Aust Magazine to see if they can apply some pressure.

The upshot is that if you are expecting delivery of a GC, my advice is DO NOT TAKE DELIVERY if the tow hooks are not fitted. In hindsight I should have checked better, but mine was so shinny and new and I couldn't wait to take it for a spin.

I think the only way to get Chrysler to move on this issue is to vote with your feet and do not order or take delivery of a GC until this issue is solved.

Ill try and keep you updated.

Greg