Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Grand Cherokee Tow Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Cpage66 View Post
    Just looked at two different 2011 models at work that co workers drive...a Laredo and a Limited. Those "tow" hooks are rather dubious for serious recovery work at best. Give Wooders a call and get some decent hardware on that thing if you plan on actually using them... NOT those factory "tow" hooks.
    And welcome to the happy world of the stealership...
    Good advice from one Whom is well versed in Jeep's........... Gregm, if you check the bolt's holding them on (factory "Tow-hook's), they are more than likely Not to be rated bolt's and have seen what non-rated bolt's used and the aftermarth of having them on to what can happen...... Take Chris's advice sooooooooonnnnnnnnn..............
    JC Member# 094

The problem is that they have redesigned the front chassis section and the most forward part of the chassis where the MY2011 had the recovery hooks mounted has been completely removed, so there isn't even something to mount aftermarket hooks to..... all in the aim for a better pedestrian safety rating.

Now they only provide a screw in eye bolt for use as a tie down point, but there is NO way you would use it for a recovery and too make things worse they didn't even give me one with my MY2012.

Appear's to be good chance for some clever person in "after market area" to come up with something to solve the issue............... Can not see Jeep rushing head long into solving it...Lol.......
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

As I havn't been able to get anywhere with Chrysler (yet), I got in touch with ECB and they told me that they intend to look at the 2012 GC shortly. I've asked ECB to keep me informed. ECB does have a full bull bar available for the 2011 GC but it is not compatible with the 2012. Im not really after a full bull bar - just want recoveray hooks! I could live with a combined nudge bar / hooks arrangement if that is what is necessary to get the hooks to work with the current chassis arrangement.

I havn't given up chasing Chrysler - I've now contacted my Federal Member and on recommendation raised the issue with ACCC.

aj needed all the help he could get at stockton :P

sorry mate, had too have a dig..........

there doesnt look like thered be any room for reovery hooks without modifying the front bar? although it has been a few weeks since ive seen the front of a '12.......take it down to an engineering shop (i know a guy who is pretty keen to get into jeep stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregm View Post
    As I havn't been able to get anywhere with Chrysler (yet), I got in touch with ECB and they told me that they intend to look at the 2012 GC shortly. I've asked ECB to keep me informed. ECB does have a full bull bar available for the 2011 GC but it is not compatible with the 2012. Im not really after a full bull bar - just want recoveray hooks! I could live with a combined nudge bar / hooks arrangement if that is what is necessary to get the hooks to work with the current chassis arrangement.

I havn't given up chasing Chrysler - I've now contacted my Federal Member and on recommendation raised the issue with ACCC.

Is there enough room for a shackle under there? Bore it out and run the shackle pin through it?

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories...e/towhooks.htm

How much difference is there between these? What needs to be modified to make the hooks in the above fit??
    Last edited by Cpage66; 09-02-12 at 04:02 PM.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Visitor

This was posted on the Talking Jeep site today (22/2/12) :

Jeep Australia have informed dealers that they should have a solution for the 2012 Grand Cherokee recovery hook issue. They will be introducing a revised Nudge Bar incorporating a recovery hook and also a stand alone recovery hook. These are apparently being tested for ADR now and once approved should be available in mid April.

Some positive news at last!