Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new jeep owner need someone to answer a few questions for me

Default new jeep owner need someone to answer a few questions for me

I really want to come along to Menai, but ive looked at the pictures from when you guys went and it doesnt look like my car would make it through? Would a stock Wrangler go through alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    I really want to come along to Menai, but ive looked at the pictures from when you guys went and it doesnt look like my car would make it through? Would a stock Wrangler go through alright?
    Menai is great as it has by pass tracks for most stuff and caters to all levels

I often have my 23yo CJ on 31's and a 4cyl engine out there and make it through fine.

Your TJ on 31's wll take you many spots that will surprise a lot of people if you drive it carefully

Remember it is physically possible to complete the Rubicon trail on 31's in a TJ, just takes more skill.

sweet sweet cant wait. the only 4wd ive done before was boat harbour.
    hopefully you guys can teach me a thing or two.

4" kit includes: Front coil springs, rear coil springs, front and rear lower control arms, front and rear track bar brackets, transfer case lowering kit, front and rear extended sway bar links, brake line brackets, drop pitman arm, pinion angle cam bolts, four shocks with black shock boots

Ive done a bit of research and found this for a pretty good price. Is that everything i need for a 4" Lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    4" kit includes: Front coil springs, rear coil springs, front and rear lower control arms, front and rear track bar brackets, transfer case lowering kit, front and rear extended sway bar links, brake line brackets, drop pitman arm, pinion angle cam bolts, four shocks with black shock boots

Ive done a bit of research and found this for a pretty good price. Is that everything i need for a 4" Lift?
    You will need a Slip Yoke Eliminator and a new Rear Driveshaft to do this kit properly. Lets say add 1700 in parts plus labour. Seriously mate, drive ya Jeep stock for a while and see what you want anbd go from there. Everyone is into big lifts straight up these days. I drove mine with 31's being only mod for a year.

Ditto the enjoy it stock first......Jezz Boatharbour is hardly warming up hirange.....wheel thge snot out of her for a while then you'll get to appreciate your mods more.....

Got to agree with whats been said. You really need to play around first with it stock then talk to lots of people about what works. Do plenty of research