Thread: Garden of Stone - Sat 10 March

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default postponed - Garden of Stone - Sat 10 March

+++++++ POSTPONED +++++
    UNFORTUNATELY - DUE TO POOR WEATHER FORECAST, THIS TRIP IS NOW POSTPONED
    HOWEVER, IF ANY ONE REALLY NEEDS TO GET OUT AND PERHAPS HAVE A PUB LUNCH SOMEWHERE THEN POST UP FOR INTEREST

As we are approaching the Jambaroree, I've taken to opportunity to run a recce or two. Starting with a easy one through Garden of Stone passing through Bale Bone Gap.

I have not done this trip and not sure if any one else has, but it's basically a test to see if it would be a viable trip to run and to enable me/us to judge the standard and appeal of this area.

All type of Jeeps welcome. From what I have read it should be OK for those even with moderate modifications (A small suspension lift would be advisable though) as long as you have the usual recovery points and recovery gear. From what I read it does have some steep sections and possible water crossings.

This trip will proceed only if weather permitting

Where -- Garden of Stone . The start is about 13 k from Lithgow. (about 14k from Rydal show ground),

When -- Saturday 10 March 2012, 8am

Meet -- Meet -- Glenbrook Park (Left onto Ross St, Glenbrook, approx 3k after end of M4. Park near the Info centre.

Grade -- "unknown"

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, UHF radio, food/drinks of choice. A camera would be good for reference.

This run is limited to 12 vehicles including me..............

As mentioned this is a recce so expect the unexpected, so this will include some exploration of the area to establish suitability and to have a document ready trip for Jamboree

Post up.

Regards
    Steve

1. SteveC (me)
    2. BigBlue
    3. Ian C
    4. Bear
    5. Nekked
    6. Negdriver
    7. Redrubi
    Michael (guest of negdriver)
    Gp
    10. Steve (guest of negdriver)
    11. Reszo

Reserve List
    Last edited by SteveC; 08-03-12 at 10:35 AM.